Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Loz
    United Kingdom 

MY24

I have literally just made my new order of my D5 Dynamic-R P360, so I guess this will be an MY24??

During registration on the forum, I noticed the Dynamic-R wasn't available to select as a model (admins??)

Not had a Disco since my D2 back in 2001 so looking forward to coming back to the fold.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Who knows. These are not "normal times" for vehicle supply. In "normal times", LR have worked on a 6 year product cycle with a mid-cycle refresh. The D5 came out in 2017, was refreshed in 2020 for MY21 delivery, so the MY24 Discovery should be a D6, but there are only vague rumours of what the D6 will be if it exists at all.

In "normal times", orders for the new MY start in May for delivery in September. Who knows what you'll get? Will LR extend MY23 until the D6 is revealed? How long will you have to wait to get your car? What options will have been discontinued by the time they build it? How much will they have put the price up?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

All change, just happened to be in the dealers and they had an unregistered Metropolitan just came in for the showroom, so we bought it Smile

Well pleased with it..
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Very cool - and good timing for you!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • eelpout
    United States 

Re: MY24

Loz wrote:
    I have literally just made my new order of my D5 Dynamic-R P360, so I guess this will be an MY24??

hard to know, my JLR contact here in the U.S. is an inventory manager, and he is usually pretty good about letting me know when the yearly build-shift happens in case I want to put in an order. So far, not a peep and usually I've gotten a heads up by now.

I'm secretly hoping the delay is due to an interior refresh before the whole Reimagining and EV stuff starts to happen in a few years, but who knows.

I've got a Rivian R1S reservation out there too; consciously made it late, earlier this year as I wanted to give them time to revise and fix some things before I considered one. I'm sure I won't hear anything more about that until the autumn, if even then with their demand load.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum