Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Ordered 23.5MY, upgraded to 24MY

Ordered a Metropolitan back in February 23 and was told to expect a delivery date of November later this year.

Now been told my order of 23.5MY will be upgraded to 24MY and the sales team will 'be in touch'.

Understand from this upgrade I will lose the HUD but gain extended leather, etc. Not fussed but what's the likelihood I will still get the car in November?

Current car is 3 years old this October and ideally don't want to get extended warranty, MOT, etc so would be good to offload my car beforehand.

Just wanted others advice on if my delivery date is realistic?

Cheers
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I honestly don't think anyone could say, but a Feb order delivered in Nov would be some going versus the waiting times others have been having. I will keep my fingers crossed.

If you do have to get the LREW, just go for the monthly option, so it's dead easy to cancel when you sell. That's what I've done. Mine's due 30 June to the dealer, a date they gave me late in March (from an order March '22). I'll let you know if that holds... might be an indication they are keeping to targets.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

In short... Nope....!!

Placed my order in April '21. Still waiting.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Did you really mean April '21, not '22? You probably didn't, but I'm still staggered...

How can my March '22 order be arriving at the dealer next month (supposedly), and you ordered 11 months prior? Did you ask for a bullet proof one or something?! What spec?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I'm in a similar boat, current D5 will be 3 years old in Nov, ordered new one beginning of May 23 as a 23.5my, 1 week later updated to 24 my with £800 price increase, delivery tentative May24, if there's still no spare wheel will be keeping current car so will go for 1 month rolling warranty.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

You can't have a spare wheel on MY24?

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

It's on the order, but from what I've read, cars are currently being delivered without spares even if it was on original order.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Oh really. What joy, didn't realise and that'll be fun to source if needed... Thanks for the heads-up.

I mean, how many semi-conductors can there really be in a tyre & alloy! Rolling Eyes

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    Did you really mean April '21, not '22? You probably didn't, but I'm still staggered...

How can my March '22 order be arriving at the dealer next month (supposedly), and you ordered 11 months prior? Did you ask for a bullet proof one or something?! What spec?!
    Yes, April 2021 ...

It started as a D300 R-Dynamic SE with a fair few extras, tow pack, rear diff, matrix lights, Meridian surround, hot climate pack. "We'll have you in it for the summer sir!" Summer came & went, so did autumn, then went MY22, and then Project Reimagine kicked in which started an endless game of option chess. LR only want to sell you a RR or Defender at present.

One item in a £70k car I was not willing to entertain was 'free' fake analogue dials... No-one else was doing that. Click & go base went, electric steering wheel adjustment, PM filter, then space saver spare, meridian sound...

The order was changed a while back to a Metropolitan as it was the only current way to get the spec items I wanted. I'm not sure I believe it will ever turn up!

Things that also seem to go missing will be various USB ports, I had a brand new Defender 130 for a weekend with 8 seats and not a single USB rearwards of the front centre console, locking fuel flap, they've removed that on Defender, RRS and Discovery, space saver spare, only full size now and possibly gesture tailgate but that's probably a bonus.

JLR have catastrophically mis-managed their semiconductor supply, and what they do have they are ruthlessly directing to high value Defenders and Range Rovers, although at £83k list for an X-Dynamic Defender 130, I'm not sure what the excuse is there for no USB's at all in 2nd/3rd rows.

The dealer have tried their best, but it's not in their control, my ire is squarely with JLR. If there was another car I wanted I'd have been long gone by now, but the Disco is still I think quite a unique thing sadly. The dealer did lend me a Metropolitan over Easter for a trip to the south of France which only confirmed it's the perfect car for our trips out there... In some ways it would have been less painful if we hadn't got on with the car at all....
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

If the car doesn't come with a spare then don't expect to find anything underneath to just put one under there either....all fixtures and fittings will be gone as well...

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

To retrofit a spare you need: heat shields, stop block, winch, jack and wheel brace kit & of course a spare wheel and a security plate, so not a cheap and easy retrofit.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Oh this is depressing reading... if it comes without a spare I will be really pi**ed off.

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I had ordered a Metropolitan, but I was sent the details last week of the MY24 changes and I am not at all impressed. Went to see my dealer last week to cancel as the spec changes are ridiculous. £1000 extra for 21inch black wheels. You have to buy a pack to get the low range. I asked about the HUD and he did say that is still included with the Metro.
    He did tell me that LR are a nightmare at the moment changing specs without notice etc.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    Oh this is depressing reading... if it comes without a spare I will be really pi**ed off.
    What type of spare were you after? Full size was ok, as in it was at least orderable by the dealers. Space saver for some reason is off the menu.
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Not optimistic at all from the replies but thanks for the tips.

Just like Ian_S said, if there was something equally good from a different manufacturer I would be off but simple fact is my Disco has handled our family of 5 well, really can't fault it. Might just hang onto my current one until the time is right to shift it.

Just hope JLR can get their act together, for a premium brand these cars shouldn't be arriving with bits missing, etc. Maybe this is their way of phasing out the Discovery (of which I'm hearing rumours).
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum