Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

A few questions about MY23.5 cars

Does anyone have a link to the full MY23.5 PDF brochure? The only one I can find online is MY22... If you have a link to one, I'd be hugely grateful!

On the Metro Edition, the seats are 20-way adjustable, versus 18-way for the R-Dynamic. I'm guessing my 'old' 2018 HSE is 18-way, so what are the additional two-ways they added?

Is there any way (from a dealer) to spec a Metro without the bright DISCOVERY script and silver lip spoiler? i.e. if you want it black?

What sound system have recent Metro customers been ending up with? Is the Meridian Surround Sound System still not coming fitted?

Is there any noticeable driving difference / performance difference between the older 3.0 litre diesel and the newer mild hybrid ones?

And lastly, Adaptive Dynamics is now standard. How big a different does it make versus an older 2018 MY car without it?

Many thanks, as always....

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Can't answer all of the questions, but I can help with:

Quote:
    Is there any noticeable driving difference / performance difference between the older 3.0 litre diesel and the newer mild hybrid ones?

Yes. The new engine is more fuel efficient and has quicker acceleration although the throttle response is a little more lazy, so you need a bit more pressure on the pedal to feel the extra performance. It's also very quiet and has a dipstick. They also don't seem to be breaking anything yet.

Quote:
    And lastly, Adaptive Dynamics is now standard. How big a different does it make versus an older 2018 MY car without it?

My previous D5 had adaptive dynamics as an option and there was a big difference cornering compared with one without. On my new one, it has been further refined & improved - it just doesn't roll on corners or bounce after bumps at all.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Thank you... the ride performance sounds sublime. I'd like to compare it when driving around North Uist. The bumps on the road, combined with the twists and turns, would be the ultimate comparison test, and I spend two weeks there every year...

The engine sounds good too. Just a shame it doesn't use pure battery for low speed manoeuvring like some other mild hybrid models can...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have ordered a Metropolitan and the dealer has agreed to paint the front silver spoiler and rear to match the car. He said they have done this on a few new Metropolitans.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Interesting... thanks for letting me know. I might look into this!

• Arcadian
    United States 

Re: A few questions about MY23.5 cars

747_JK wrote:

What sound system have recent Metro customers been ending up with? Is the Meridian Surround Sound System still not coming fitted?

Picked up my Metro in February, it came with everything except the Meridian Sound System. I am assuming it has the base 400w Amp. A little disappointing as the sound is just ok. Have had an issue 4 times now where the sound only comes out of the front center speaker until you stop and lock the car and let it sit for a few minutes. I need to talk to the dealer and see if they will put the correct amp in once they are available.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

[quote="

Many thanks, as always....[/quote]

Yes there is a massive difference between the old 3.0 engine and the newer mild hybrid version. It has more torque, better acceleration and sounds lovely. It also has a massive improvement on fuel economy especially once the mileage gets above 12K and it seems to loosen up.
    Adaptive Dynamics is big improvement when it comes to handling but you can still get them to roll a bit if you really push hard around bends Whistle but you really have to push on,

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • gavsta

BigCol66 wrote:
    I have ordered a Metropolitan and the dealer has agreed to paint the front silver spoiler and rear to match the car. He said they have done this on a few new Metropolitans.

I had that done, along with swapping to a black grille, and black DISCOVERY lettering (front & rear). To my eyes, a big improvement.
  • gavsta

747_JK wrote:
    On the Metro Edition, the seats are 20-way adjustable, versus 18-way for the R-Dynamic. I'm guessing my 'old' 2018 HSE is 18-way, so what are the additional two-ways they added?

I suspect it’s the pillow headrests, with the moveable wings, as the headrests on SE models are different.

Last edited by gavsta on 23rd Apr 2023 7:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • gavsta

747_JK wrote:
    Does anyone have a link to the full MY23.5 PDF brochure? The only one I can find online is MY22... If you have a link to one, I'd be hugely grateful!

The last full brochure is indeed MY22.

There wasn’t a specification and price guide produced for MY23.5, only for MY23 which includes the Metropolitan Edition. Confusing, that’s dated October 2021.

I do have a record of the minor spec changes for MY23.5 if you’re interested. I pulled the info into a spreadsheet as I feared my order was due to be downgraded.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I would like a copy please if you could send me one.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

gavsta wrote:
    BigCol66 wrote:

I had that done, along with swapping to a black grille, and black DISCOVERY lettering (front & rear). To my eyes, a big improvement.

Out of interest... did they charge you for that?

• gavsta

PM’d.

Edited my answer on the additional seat movement. Does your 2018 HSE have winged headrests?
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

[quote="gavsta"]
    747_JK wrote:
    I do have a record of the minor spec changes for MY23.5 if you’re interested. I pulled the info into a spreadsheet as I feared my order was due to be downgraded.

I'd really value seeing a copy of this please. Any way to post a screen shot or something?!

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

gavsta wrote:
    Edited my answer on the additional seat movement. Does your 2018 HSE have winged headrests?

Mine doesn't, no. And my wife has always said how uncomfortable it is... too far forward for her... hoping this new one might have some more movement options!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum