Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

MY 23.5 Metropolitan Edition has finally arrived! SO Happy!

Ordered March 2022
      Collected 22nd June 2023

So after a lot of deliberating over choices, I finally stuck it out for my fourth Discovery, second D5, and I'm really pleased (so far) that I did. The car is amazing.

Didn't avoid the price increase with the move to MY23.5, and a wee wobble from the dealer over my 2% discount - I ordered during a special sales weekend. But in the end we reached a position I was happy with.

Got a good part-ex price from them on my old car too, beating WeBuyAnyCar and Cazoo.

Initial thoughts:
      * Relieved I think I got everything I was expecting spec-wise
      * Love the big new screen and functionality of Pivi Pro - a leap forwards vs my MY2019
      * Handling seems fantastic (only done 40 miles though)
      * Love the engine note!
      * The fridge/freezer is WAY more powerful than in my first D4. WOW.
      * Air purification system seems amazing, especially for city visits and my son's hayfever
      * HUD is a cool feature!
      * Nice having a sunroof back again.
      * Wheels look amazing, but I'm gonna be parking so far from the kerb, I'll need a taxi to reach it.
      * Meridian Surround sound ultra impressive.
      * Strange blanking plates in the B pillars, where the air vents on non rear air-con cars go. Can't think what the storage space could be used for.

Biggest suprise:
      * Really didn't think I'd like the Metropolitan silver bits front & back, as I had the Black Pack on the old car. I was all prepared to get them sprayed black, particularly the rear. BUT, I really like it! Suits the car, and if any more of it was black it would look like one of those previous gen RR Sports.

Ever so minor disappointments
      * Front reg plate has a black border on it, and the border's wonky and falls off the end of the plate one side. Have asked the dealer to swap it, it'll give me OCD issues!
      * Front seat cooling... only ever had this in a hire car in the US before, but it doesn't seem particularly powerful to me? Even on setting +3 Cooling, you really don't feel it on your back. To other owners, should it be really strong cooling???
      * Not as keen on the steering wheel controls as my MY2019 - they seemed better quality and these seem more plasticky and clicky.
      * Thought the premium lighting would give more colour options, but who really cares!
      * Has the gesture tailgate been deleted on MY23.5, or am I not doing it right?

Overall, delighted, and feel a bit spoilt to have such a wonderful new car. Really hope it proves a good 'un long term, and gives our family many safe & happy motoring miles.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Roadrunner
    United Kingdom 

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looks very nice . The silver bits work with the black.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

That D300 does have a nice growl at low speeds!

I’ve always found seat cooling ineffective unless there’s a bit of air between you and the seat. So you get frosty balls mostly!

Glad it’s arrived!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cool Thumbs Up Enjoy

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Looks great
    Enjoy your new motor
    You’ve waiting long enough for it. Thumbs Up
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Very nice, enjoy!
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

ditto on the seat cooling - its ok if you're in shorts and a thin T. At best it helps take the edge of black seats that have been in the sun. Actually found it seems to have got worse over time as perforations fill up with sand etc Rolling Eyes

The gesture tailgate has a mind of its own. Mine never opens/closes when I want without doing the hokie-kokie a few times. But then seems to open/close on a whim when walking past rear quarters. After a few near misses I pulled the fuse and disabled it.

Love the black with silver. I almost went for something similar but wanted a change as my last car was black. Whenever I see one, I still get a small pang of regret though. Thumbs Up

Enjoy !

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum