Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nicksaab
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Vanity Mirror and Glovebox lights B1D14-11

Hi - transferred over from fullfatrr as just changed my older L405 for a 2018 3.0 HSE

Have a question - the vanity mirrors, glovebox and map lights (front and rear) aren't working - I've checked all the fuses from the manual and everything is ok - all the USB and accessory sockets work, just not the vanity mirrors, glovebox and map lights - anyone come across this before?

Have tried to reset the main interior light by pressing and holding but that doesn't seem to do anything. I'm wondering if it might be the relay but the main light comes on when the door is opened.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by nicksaab on 6th Oct 2023 4:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I have the opposite problem, my lights come on fine when I press them just not when I open the door, Maybe the solution is linked.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 

If they don't come on with the door opening I assume you've tried the interior auto lights reset process ?
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I will now thanks, found a video how to do it
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 

So getting to the bottom of this.

Consulting the wiring diagrams there are two interior light circuits run from the BCM.

The first controls in the interior lights when the door opens (Circuit A), the second (Circuit B) controls the map lights, glovebox lights, vanity mirror lights and the main interior lights when controlled from the promity sensor switches in the roof.

The BCM checks for issues in these two circuits and if it detects a repeated short circuit it throws a

U1000-00 (Solid State Driver Protection Active - Driver Disabled) and shuts off the feed completely.

It also throws a secondary DTC ending 11,12,13 or 14 - in my case B1D14-11 Interior Lights Circuit B Short to Ground.

To clear the U1000 which is a permanent code, requires JLR SDD or Pathfinder to run the Ignition cycle counter reset process to re-enable the power feed,

I haven't yet found the source of the issue - I suspect its the switch in the overhead console as I've read these can cause issues, but as I can't reset the U1000 I can't diagnose further so it is off (reluctantly) off to Landrover to test further.

For info this issue can also happen on some exterior light circuits, the sunroof blinds, electric steering column and the eco stop start.

They can also fix the issue I have with the incar wifi as despite having a working sim, picking up a signal I can't connect the car to hotspot to get the satelite and live traffic on the system - I just get 012 Unable to Connect. The incontrol app works fine - just can't get the car to communicate through the sim - which I believe is likely a replacement telematics unit as there are no error codes suggesting another issue.
  • nicksaab
    United Kingdom 

B1D14-11

Hi all

Finally got to the bottom of my B1D14-11 error which was preventing the map lights, glovebox lights and vanity mirror lights not working.

First of all U1000-00 will prevent any fix you make from actually working - the only way to clear this is with a dealer software or to run Enable Protected Outputs on the Gap IID tool in the Body Control Module.

Once the U1000 is clear you can clear the B1D14-11 fault if you have fixed the problem - in my case it turned out that the wiring for the passenger sunvisor had been pinched on install and there was exposed wiring touching the metal roof. Easy fix in the end, all the lights came back on and I can now use my piggyback harness for my dashcam too.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum