Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Morepower
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Remote start fob

Hi all, just got the Disco and so far very happy👍🏻. One question I have is there was not a fob with the car to operate the fbh, does anyone know if it’s possible to purchase one from the dealers?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Does it have a FBH?

It isn't standard and is only an extra cost option with the "Remote Cabin Preconditioning". Check on the screen to see if you have the "Timed Climate" options. If you do, then you have a FBH, if the options aren't there then you don't have a FBH.

If you do have one, I'm sure a dealer can get you a fob and program it for you.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Interesting: I noticed through the remote app on the iPhone that I can start the climate control remotely and this states that it will start the engine to accomplish it.
    Has this feature replaced the fob?

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The remote engine start from the app is standard (but starts the cold engine and lets it idle). The "Remote Cabin Preconditioning" is an extra cost option (I don't think it's available any more at all on new vehicles) which included the FBH, remote fob and timed climate feature to preheat the car without running the engine.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • RAW
    England 

Its still available as i had it on mine, i think now its part of one of the option packs
  • Morepower
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I haven’t got any climate options on the touch screen so I guess I’ll be getting the in control sorted and using that to warm the car up. JLR want £40 to change over the ownership details and won’t do it until I get the V5 back, and as our postal service is in such disarray (we now get one delivery a week😱 and we had one today) I guess it’s be another week or two before I can do this and also put my private plate on😩😩

The world is falling apart 🤣🤣🤣
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum