Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Danshort86
    United Kingdom 

Roof Rails or Roof Rack

Hi all, 1st post having just returned back to the Discovery family (previous car was a FFRR). I have a little conundrum, I don't know whether to buy roof rails and cross bars, or the versatile roof rack? I will mainly be carrying Kayaks and the occasional plank of wood, for which the versatile roof rack is better suited. I am just a little thoughtful of wind noise on motorways. Therefore, I am after a little input from anyone that has/had one. On a scale of - Terrible - Not Too Bad - Barely Noticeable, what is the roof rack like for wind noise at motorway speeds?

Thanks

Dan
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Welcome, sorry can’t answer your question, but wondering why the move back to a Disco. Practicality I’m guessing, always pondered on a FFRR or even a RRS
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I had the LR roof rack on my D5

It is not exactly QUIET.

I would say that it depends how much you plan to use it.

I now have the roof bars, and I put them on when I need them, and take them off at other times.

This works really nicely, and leaves my D5 nice and quiet when I don’t have something on the roof.
  • Danshort86
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply. I guessed that would be the case, but wanted a second opinion. I will most likel;y get the roof rails and bars
  • Danshort86
    United Kingdom 

Aldo wrote:
    Welcome, sorry can’t answer your question, but wondering why the move back to a Disco. Practicality I’m guessing, always pondered on a FFRR or even a RRS

Practicality was one big factor, but personally the Disco 5 just better suited my needs and tastes. I had a 4.4 Sdv8 autobiography so it had all the bells and whistles, even thou it was a fantastic car I prefer the D5. Given the JLR DNA it’s practically the same car just less showy (ever so slightly).
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum