Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• John C
    United Kingdom 

Moving on

Well... after 20 years of Discoverys, I was sold on the Defender 130 Outbound which is just the perfect fit for us right now.

Absolutely loved my D5, the only real niggle being my kids are getting taller and the second row seats were just too low for long journeys.

I'd had an itch for a 110 for ages, but just felt the boot was too small for what we need. We rarely need the full 7 seats in the Disco, so a 130 with 5 seats (and without the compromise on boot floor) was too much not to go for. D300 is a fantastic unit.

Anyone interested (mine's actually the same spec, but without the satin wrap, and I went for nobly tyres) :

Will still be lurking around on here Smile

John

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

It looks like a good choice to me 👍
    Enjoy!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Must admit the second row leg-room is one of the biggest downsides of the car - being 6ft 3", my seat is all the way down & back, and my kids 8 & 10 are growing and for long 2-3 day journeys, they will start to feel it soon.

But I just can't fall for the Defender's looks (or price), not least the 'stretch' in the 130.

Be interested to hear how you get on with it, so definitely don't desert the forum. There's few enough of us hear anyway! Good luck with the new motor!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum