Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Reversing camera clarity

Since the cold weather my reversing camera seems ‘cloudy’ and unclear. I’ve thoroughly cleaned/ degreased the outside lens but was wondering if it could have got condensation/ damp inside the camera or whether it’s an ageing degradation. Any experience of this?

And if a replacement is needed, can the camera itself be purchased rather than the full wiring kits that wouldn’t be necessary?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Have you tried gentle heat to see if it clears?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Good point. You jogged my memory as I had a problem with the windscreen camera sending spurious warnings some months back and I noticed condensation in that. I parked it into the sun for the day and it cleared. Will get the wife’s hairdryer out when she’s not looking. Cool
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

ours is the same, only on the rear camera-rest are clear. Close look it does look like condensation inside lens Censored and I am guessing they don't come apart to clean and reseal Big Cry

2017 3.0 First edition. Silicone silver with black pack
  • Wildrnes
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have had this twice, once when I purchased it (replaced march/april last year) and now again in december.
    It is currently in with landrover, and they have just informed me that it may not be covered because it's water damage....

Even though it was covered last year.

I just don't know the logic behind this.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Too late to play the ‘not covered’ card.

If they ‘worked’ on the camera, especially if they replaced it, there should be a 12month warranty on the work. I would point that out.

The fact they checked the camera and instigated the work is actually an acknowledgement there was a fault that needed to be fixed…otherwise they are guilty of doing work that wasn’t required.

If they wanted to claim it wasn’t covered by warranty, they should have told you before the work started and charged you for doing it afterwards. Only then could they maintain the stance it wasn’t a warranty issue.
  • John77
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Might be worth pointing out to them that the car has been designed with the function of cleaning the camera, by spraying it directly with screen wash!

MY19 HSE SDV6 Fuji White - roof rails + bars, privacy glass, HUD, adaptive LED, deployable tow bar, 360º cameras, side steps.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Good point
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum