Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

No oil filter in new engine

Hi all

More stupidity from LR agent, had new 2.0ltr engine installed late last year, cars going fine engine sounds good for now. Decided that after around 2000miles I would change oil & filter, I drained oil went to take oil filter out "no filter there" reported it to LR service manager, O says he they all come with filters in them when new, I said do your highly trained mechanics not check that one has been fitted, don't really know he said Banging Head he said we have quite a few new engines here waiting to be installed to but thanks for letting me know.
    I can't repeat my answer to him on here.

So anyone getting new engines whither 2 or 3 ltr you better make sure they have installed a new oil filter.

I know I have a two year warranty on the new engine so not too worried, but my opinion has slipped even further didn't think it could Rolling with laughter

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I don't understand this. Was there just a plug screwed in where the filter would be? Otherwise you'd have motor oil spewing all over the engine bay, you'd smell it in about 30 seconds, and your dash would light up like Times Square at New Year's Eve.
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

No there was no filter inside the oil filter casing, like when I unscrewed oil filter cap (black plastic) there was no filter inside the casing so oil was circulating fine but not filtered.
    This happened because there was no brain inside the LR mechanics head! Laughing

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum