Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ChrisJerman
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Bonnet won't release

Just bought a 2017 D5, the release handle would only just pop the bonnet with a very hard tug once at full rotation of the handle, but now it wont open at all. Either snapped or just over stretched and so is there a trick to open the bonnet or how can I get the handle/panel off to get to end of cable .
    Thanks
  • Red5steve
    United Kingdom 

The bonnet release handle simply levers off, use blunt preferably plastic trim tools to prevent marking the kick panel.
    Remove the sill cover panel the same way, this will expose the m6 bolt securing the kick panel.
    Remove the panel under the glove box secured with three screws 7mm socket required.
    Pull back the door seal and remove the m6 bolt and pull the kick panel backwards towards the passenger seat exposing the bonnet pull mechanism.
  • ChrisJerman
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks for the reply, I gave up though and sent it to my indy to have a look. He was unable to get the handle off as I had also been. Looks like previous owner has glued it on ! maybe it kept coming off, but he must have been a dab hand with super glue as I today removed what was left of a badly aligned set of bonnet letters only to find the Y had been stuck back on with super glue ! Took me about 2hrs with a heat gun and goo gone to get the glue residue off !
    Anyway my indy managed to fix the stretched cable from the bonnet end by fitting spacers, fingers crossed it holds as will probably have to break the handle off if it doesn't work
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum