Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ankur
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Removing third row seats with no battery

I bought a flood damaged Discovery 5 as a project car. The leak was from the windshield, which I've temporarily fixed and it's working to keep all this rain out.

I've stripped out most of the interior (front two row seats and carpets) and allowed it all to dry out. I've bought new replacement electronic parts too (passenger fusebox, BCM, and master controller) so once these are installed everything should work as it should (lights were misbehaving). I bought second hand replacement modules so i'm assuming they need to be reprogrammed to my vehicle?

What remains to be dried out is the third row seat carpets. I first need to remove the third row seats, which involves plugging the battery back in to get them to unfold. The trouble is, I've read that you shouldn't plug the car battery back in with modules unplugged (the front two row seats, BCM, master controller, amp) otherwise the state of the system changes and it requires them to be reset by Land Rover back to their original setting once everything is plugged back in.

1. Is it true that I shouldn't plug the battery back in with modules unplugged?
    2. Is there a way to unbolt the third row seats without unfolding the seats?
    3. Can i just plug and play the replacement second hand modules?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum