Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

The wait is over.

Got a call from my dealer this afternoon about 5pm transporter in with my long overdue car on it.
    3 litre SE. Monticello red.
    Due to go away with the caravan on Thursday so gave him the ultimatum that should it arrive after Monday it would after wait till I got back also very close to cancelling. But as soon as he said it was here I crumbled and said when can I collect. So picking up at 10am tomorrow. As previously said nearly cancelled but I really like the car. So cancelling would cost me dear with less trade in as they are honouring the price offered in February also price to pay pre April i.e. no tax increase. So looking forward to picking up. Will report on my towing experience.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Glad you got your car sorted out too mate. You have had a harsh ride and its a Censored feeling Confused
    Likewise if I never had the D5 on loan for last 2 weeks plus, was a deffo cancellation, not too mention a lifetime of regrets had i left the brand after 25 years Sad
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Congrats Craigp,

Don't forget to post some pics. That red was on my hit list too.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up

Enjoy

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Gareth
    United Kingdom 

Great news!
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Pictures please. Very Happy ..... I nearly chose Monticello but lost my nerve & went for boring grey

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yeah Craig, get those pics up mate - dying too see it Thumbs Up
  • rd450
    United Kingdom 

Pictures please both outside and inside 👍
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Seems like Craig has been cruising all day around the streets in his new toy, grinning like the Cheshire Cat 😻 Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Photos??? Thumbs Up
  • Craigp
    England 

Keep trying to upload but just hangs whilst it says uploading to server. Tried putting pictures through a optimizer but still same.

Picked up ok. Not really done much as packing up ready for the trip tomorrow. One nice surprise the nose weight measurement works thought it was just for the rich guys but works on the SE. When picked up power fold on wing mirrors not configured also not going to access height when stopped. Easily done through the menus. Yes really pleased. One thing though the 3rd row seats don't lay flat this can't be right. Maybe other SE owners could help.
    Will get some pictures as soon as I can. Very Happy
  • rd450
    United Kingdom 

Great news, I'm planning getting an SE aswell.

Do the mirrors dip when you put it on reverse ? Did on the hse demo I had but no mention in the brochure on whether they do on any model
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Nice one mate Thumbs Up
    Just out of curiosity, did you manage too get an exact weight when hitched up too the tow bar or just a rough range like I keep getting ??

Safe drive tomorrow with your caravan, and hopefully get an update when you get back about the handling Thumbs Up
  • Craigp
    England 

Towbar weight, a range like yours. Came in useful as range was something like 135 to 175kg. So put some weight to rear of van. Max weight for A frame 150kg.
    Not sure about the mirror pointing down on reversing I also had them on a D3 many moons ago and didn't like them myself. I will check and get back to you.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ok cheers Thumbs Up
  • Craigp
    England 

Just been to see if I configure wing mirrors to dip. I can't even find where the dealer got the wing mirrors to fold in on locking the car. Also no courtesy lights come when opening doors. As a last resort I will consult the manual, clearly after exhausting everything else.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum