Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Canadian order - my build

Hi guys. New to this forum. I ordered a HSE Lux 3.0 TD6 early October after seeing the Paris auto show pics/video. Originally chose Waitomo but changed to Carpathian. Was told they were coming to Canada 'late spring' which I figured meant late summer/early fall, especially when I heard about all the delivery delays in U.K. But I found out my build date is May 5th so very encouraged by that. Dealer told me I could have it early June if things go well. I seriously considered the First Edition but there were a few things I wanted that were not available with that spec. So ended up with HSE Lux and loaded on some other options. North American options packs seems to be very different from UK. Almost went with 21" Dynamic but decided against it due to limited tire selection with those beauty satin grey wheels, and I figured the gloss trim would scratch more easily. Here's my build:

3.0 TDV6 Diesel HSE Luxury
    Carpathian Grey
    Ebony interior w/ natural charcoal oak veneer
    Ebony premium headlining
    20" Black Design Pack
    Drive Pro Pack (adaptive cruise, blind spot, lane departure, driver condition, etc)
    7 Seat Luxury Climate Comfort Pack (climate front and middle w/ heated 3rd row, massage front, etc)
    Vision Assist Pack (adaptive headlights, surround camera, etc.)
    Capability Plus Pack (high/low, active rear locking, terrain response 2, etc.)
    Towing Pack (advanced tow assist, full size spare, etc) [deployable tow bar not available in North America Sad ]
    HUD, Front Cooled Console, Autonomous braking, 360 camera, activity key,
    Black roof rails, mud flaps

Considering the side steps and will need rugged floor mats and boot tray.

Now I just have to wait! Very Happy

Cheers,

Huxey

Last edited by Huxey on 18th Apr 2017 2:16 pm. Edited 4 times in total

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Looks like an amazing spec!! Just have to wait now to play with it all. Thumbs Up
  • Huxey
    Canada 

Thanks! I spent a lot of time sorting it all out. All that's left now is second guessing my choices as all the sweet Dynamics roll out! Very Happy

• Phil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Hi Huxey,

Were there any options that you left un-ticked on the order form? Rolling with laughter

Joking apart, looks a fantastic spec, and if you enjoy it half as much as I am mine then you will love it!

Just the waiting now, but not long.....

Cheers Phil

Disco 5 First Edition, Namib Orange,
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi Huxey,

Nice choices.

did you consider the wade sensing,

Also have you seen this http://www.greenovalexperience.com/18-inch-rims
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Just read that build again. Massage seats.... when you go 4x4 you wont need those. Hehehehe.

I ordered mine in Early November and have been told by dealer that car will be Built On 28th April so in 9 days time. Expected delivery 14th July Sad
  • J77
    Scotland 

Welcome

I think you are our 1st Canadian member.

Looks a very good spec

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Huxey
    Canada 

Lee Jackson wrote:
    Hi Huxey,

Nice choices.

did you consider the wade sensing,

Also have you seen this http://www.greenovalexperience.com/18-inch-rims

Hi Lee.

Wade sensors are also NOT available in North America. I was rotted when I found that out. So no wade sensors or deplorable tow bar for North American builds. Censored

Yeah, i noticed that you had mentioned those wheels in another post. Very interested.

Build In April but mid July delivery? Wow, that's one slow going boat! Laughing I hope I don't have to wait that long.

Last edited by Huxey on 19th Apr 2017 1:53 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Huxey
    Canada 

Phil wrote:
    Hi Huxey,

Were there any options that you left un-ticked on the order form? Rolling with laughter

Joking apart, looks a fantastic spec, and if you enjoy it half as much as I am mine then you will love it!

Just the waiting now, but not long.....

Cheers Phil

Thanks Phil.

I left a few boxes un-ticked: Rear entertainment screens (we'll just use the iPad), extra 12 volts (instead of standard extra USBs?) and smokers pack. Very Happy

• Huxey
    Canada 

So I just contacted the dealer asking if the car is ready for me to pick up next week, as planned. Found out it's stuck at the factory because of issues with the front bumper. He could not give me a new expected date of arrival. can't say I'm surprised given the Censored -show with deliveries, but I'm still disappointed. I've already started looking at other options in the event that it doesn't pass my own personal quality control.

• J77
    Scotland 

Did they say what's up with the bumper?

• Huxey
    Canada 

No they didn't say. If I had to guess it could be that issue with scratches that was holding up production. Who knows. I have to say, reading all the negative QC/QA issues over the past few months has really soured the excitement over my first Land Rover. I can't believe the things I have been reading. It's pathetic for a premium vehicle. Started test driving other vehicles this week. Had a Nissan Armada (Patrol in Europe?) for a few days. Nice vehicle but it's a tank. Plan on testing a GMC Yukon Denali, Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Even considered buying a Disco 4 for a few years. Time will tell I guess.

• J77
    Scotland 

I suppose it's better to rectify any fault at the factory rather than the dealer make a hash of it.

But yeah some of the reading on here is grim, I perhaps have been lucky, 9 LRs and only my first one was problematic, the rest including the D5 have been fine, long may it continue.

• Huxey
    Canada 

Received an email from the dealer today saying mine is in port and will be delivered to dealer on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here). Available to me as early as Thursday July 6. Trying to keep from getting too excited because I may walk away from it if there's even a hint of the problems experienced by some owners. If I do take possession, my first order of business will be to remove the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 tires and put on a pair of Yokohama Geolander 015 A/T 275/55R20 so I can take it to my fishing camp. Stay tuned.

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Sounds great, all the best with it, I will be interested to hear how the tyre switch goes. Do you have a winter tyre law in NB like we do in Quebec, ie fit winter tyres or get a ticket!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum