Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

InControl when the ignition is off

OK, I'm new to this InControl stuff, I know it's been out for a while in various JLR products, so go easy on me. Wink

Once the ignition is turned off, how active is the on-board data system supposed to be? I can't seem to find any details about this in the manual(s). Though there was a mention (somewhere) about after 4 days have passed how the system goes dormant or something like that.

They imply that one can remote start the car etc. though InControl but at least with my D5 and the Android app, I haven't been able to do that. And the location of the car is always hours old according to the app when the car has been parked for a while (the reviews on the Google Play Store are not positive about the app). When the car is running the 3G is visible on the display and all the data for the on-board SIM is working.

So I'm not sure what the issue is, the car goes dormant after a time, there is a problem with the SIM, there is a power saving mode on the car I'm not aware of, it's the app or what.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks.

EDIT: OK, may have jumped the gun a bit. Just sync'd a planned route with the car via the web site at HERE.com when it was parked. So I guess it works. Smile Must be something to do with the Android InControl Remote app. Guess all those negative reviews mean something. Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum