Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

Namib Orange in Namibia

I'm working in Walvis Bay, Namibia for a few days and spotted driving down the main drag a Namib Orange D5 HSE closely followed by a Fuji White SE both kitted out with roof tents, jerry can racks a spare wheel each on the roof and all sorts of offroad protection. Both on Namibian plates not South African (there are a lot of SUV's with SA plates here). Was a bit surprised as on previous visits here I have only seen a few ancient Defenders which I assumed were South African assembled cars but today Walvis Bay is Land Rover City, loads of D3's all in "city" mode (no off-road kit at all - maybe the owners prefer Land Cruisers for that!), surprising number of Discovery Sports and even a V8 Defender 110 that looked like it could have been a V8 engined Puma with no under windscreen vents, hump on the bonnet and black contrast roof. If I see the D5's again I'll try to get a photograph. It appears that the makers of offroad protection kit out in this part of the world have started making aftermarket adventure kit for the D5.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum