Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Gearbox not in park

Yet another new fault. The car complains that the gearbox is not in park every time I get in even if the gearbox definitely was in park when I got out.

So far it's just another worrying sign of a lack of quality but I assume at one point the car will refuse to start of the gearbox continue to claim is not in park.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Not good mate. Someone else on the forum has the same issue as yourself with regards too the Parking. Its hardly confidence inspiring is it. Sad
  • Scrumps
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Firenze Red

Re: Gearbox not in park

stuart_f wrote:
    Yet another new fault. The car complains that the gearbox is not in park every time I get in even if the gearbox definitely was in park when I got out.

So far it's just another worrying sign of a lack of quality but I assume at one point the car will refuse to start of the gearbox continue to claim is not in park.

Hi,

Ours did this once in the first couple of days but nothing since.

Mentioned it to the Master Tech at my Dealers - he says LR are aware of this and are "working on it"

Scrumps

Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
    17MY D5 HSE / 16MY RRS2 A/B / 05 Defender90 CSW
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Re: Gearbox not in park

stuart_f wrote:

I've had the same. It's probably done it 10 times since having the car. My car was in the garage all last week trying to fix a long list of electrical faults, this one included. I got the car back yesterday with none of the faults resolved, plus two news ones today.....firstly the screen froze for the full journey and then when I got to my destination the second row seats would not recline leaving passenger in third row unable to get out. I had to turn engine off lock the car and then re open car before seats would move.

Thankfully I've had no mechanical faults unlike some on this forum but I do not trust the electrics one bit!!

Will be ringing dealer Tuesday!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi Mac am puzzled too as why they handed your car back too you with none of the faults being resolved ?? That's not on in my opinion, wasting your precious time. What are they thinking, that you won't notice?? Sad I hope you get it sorted mate Thumbs Up
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Cheers Road Runner.

They did state that the infotainment issues were not resolved as it needs a new part, which will take two weeks to get. But they stated non infotainment issues were resolved, which clearly are not.
    As per earlier post I now have two new issues within 24 hours of collecting car. A real shame as it is taking the shine of what in every other way is a superb car!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi Mac its a real such a shame mate. I agree its a cracking car. I will go as far too say as good as the FFRR i had on loan last week if not better, Just a pity all the niggles were not sorted out beforehand. Like you said its certainly taking the shine of things. Sad
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

same here......................

Mine has been in twice for a tyre pressure warning light that keeps coming on, the last time for two days and it still isnt fixed.
    Booked in again so that the dealer can talk to a LR Techy whilst they have it (not sure why that couldn't have happened over the two days that they had it)?
    Now I have the park warning light coming on every now and then as well.
    Looking forward to the screen freeze!
    I'm not a moaner BUT this is starting to become rather boring. Love the car, just not so keen on having to keep giving it back

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • JackW
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Mine has given me the warning tone and text "gear selector not in park" at least six times in the last two weeks. Its back at the dealer with an air conditioning issue right now so they will look to see if there is a software update to correct the warning yet. Apparently there is a similar issue on the Discovery Sport.
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I wouldn't hold your breath on the software fix. Mine went back for the gearbox not in park issue last week and it got all the latest software, the dealer assured me this would cure the problem.

Less than 48 hours later the car gave me the same warning.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I don't believe that there has been any software update to address this, nor has there been any suggestion that LR are "aware" of it. It probably is only a software issue, and is also probably easily fixed.

I have seen it a couple of times.

This is the sort of issue that dealers should raise an EPQR with LR on. In the end they will get it fixed, but don't be fobbed off by a dealer telling you something that is simply not true.

I will report it to my dealer the next time the car goes in.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

A technical bulletin has been released for this today: LTB01077

Cause: Body Control Module (BCM) software issue causing a false message to be displayed on the IC
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Mine in today for this. I'll see what they say....
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Mine in today for this. I'll see what they say....
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Mine went in for this and I was told it had a gearbox software update. They did something as the mpg has gone way down hill and the gear changes are very jerky.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum