Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

How do you get album art.

I have loaded a load of albums onto the D5s hard drive and have lots of album covers but there are also may missing. Anyone know how to find and load the missing art?

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Just getting round to putting some of me banging toons into the media library any idea how many I can expect to store?

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: How do you get album art.

pdes wrote:
    I have loaded a load of albums onto the D5s hard drive and have lots of album covers but there are also may missing. Anyone know how to find and load the missing art?

My car found them all OK ( 110 albums ), do you have your own data SIM in the car?

Only ask, as it must look them up online somewhere?
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

pdes wrote:

Some of mine loaded some did not but i did not have a data sim card installed
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

It depends how you prepared them, I haven't tried using the car to RIP CD's as I don't use them anymore but the media library start up screen shows a copyright notice from Gracenote which is the technology used to recognise CD's and match it to the correct album names, track names and cover artwork. I am guessing this is downloaded and it may well require a SIM in the car unless it uses the other data connection (the one used for the remote apps etc). This is the same technology used in for example iTunes when you import or RIP one of your CD's. It will need some data connection to be in place to retrieve this.

If you imported digital music on a USB stick for example I am not sure if the media library import checks and retrieves album art if it is missing. If that is not the case then you can correct it at source on a PC or Mac as many tools will allow you to check and update the tags including album art and re-import it. The import process is really quick so my suspicion is that it is simply copying exactly what it finds on the USB drive.

The import functions etc don't have a lot of detailed documentation and are a bit of a black box so you have to kind of guess how it actually works
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

I was seeing sleeve art when I was ripping some cds I had paid for, some worked some just loaded the tracks into one file . Two other docs show the art but won't let me rip.

I did not spend a lot of time on this so may not be doings things correctly

Looks like getting everything onto a USB stick is going to be easier

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Maybe mine worked ( 100+ albums ) because I copied them out of a iTunes library to a USB stick?
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

iTunes generally does a good job of this. Copying the library in this way makes it easier to manage and update and the copy process is really quick so deleting and adding a fresh copy is painless.
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

I tried using itunes to copy music from my library to a usb stick in mp3 format but it wouldn't read any of them, no success at all. The cds i ripped all went to the hdd successfully but only some of the album artwork went over, and i did not have a sim card in place in the vehicle.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

ITunes transfer is the only thing I miss now that I use Spotify. Doesn't seem anyway of getting music from Spotify offline downloads to a USB...
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

jimbg wrote:
    pdes wrote:

My car found them all OK ( 110 albums ), do you have your own data SIM in the car?

Only ask, as it must look them up online somewhere?

Yep, sim installed and also connected to wifi at home.

Cheers

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

I am starting to get channel happy Very Happy , CD to media library to whats on my iphone to am radio to fm then to satellite and heavens knows how many channels I have set as favourites.

Thanks heavens it doesn't have a cassette player(too young to remember eight track!)

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum