Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Matt
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Silicon Silver HSE Lux

Just got back from three weeks in France with the new motor and I absolutely love it.

The engine feels and sounds like it has more grunt than my D4. Ride is great and the car feels more planted on the road. 22" wheels give it a bit of a harsher ride over bumpy surfaces though.

Over 1600 miles it's showing 29MPG although I could have improved on that if I didn't have such a heavy right foot Laughing

Loving the colour and it does a really good job of looking clean, even when it's not. The same can't be said for the gloss black trim on the dynamic exterior.

I didn't spec the car with steps this time and was a bit worried as our youngest is only 3 years old. Auto access height works great though and he can jump in and out with no problems.

Inside the car looks and feels really luxurious. I didn't spec the dynamic interior but the car came with it by mistake so that was a nice surprise. The silver trim around the gear selector is too shiny so when the sun catches it you can suffer a bit of temporary blindness!

I found rear visibility to be quite poor - nothing at all like the D4 which is a bit of a shame.

Still getting to grips with the huge amount of tech in the car. Lane departure warning and the automatic road sign recognition were both great cruising down the quiet motorways in France. Cooled seats are amazing, as is being able to start the car and cool it before you get in!

The kids loved the RSE. We've only used DVD's though so I need to sort out some content to put on a USB.

SatNav works as good as any I've used before but I'm not a fan of touchscreens. The wife has a Merc and the wheel system in that is far more intuitive and a lot safer in my opinion as it requires less attention to operate.

A few pics...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum