Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stenh02
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

Yulong White TD6 HSE

Picked up today. All a bit quick went to see about a secondhand 2.0 one on Sunday and have ended up with this brand new one today!

3.0 HSE with black pack and the 22' gloss black wheels, black roof rails and privacy

Traded in our 16MY RRS and it seems equal to it, if not better.

Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Good looking D5 Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Craigp
    England 

Looks good Thumbs Up
  • stenh02
    United Kingdom 

I originally wasn’t sure about the white, but with the black pack, wheels and rails I think it looks good.

Almost as drug dealery as the RRS! Laughing
  • J77
    Scotland 

Looks Cool

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The black and white combo looks well smart Thumbs Up
  • stenh02
    United Kingdom 

Thanks.

First mod I want to do is fit a heated wheel. I have one off a L405 Autobiography and the wiring looms looks the same - at least on the wiring diagram on Topix. The only concern is there is a wire going to the BCM and I hope this doesn't need acvitivated in the CCF as GapDiagnostic haven't release the firmware for the new L462 and it doesn't look like autologic has yet either. The clock spring was the same for later RRS's and FullFats so hopefully is the same one used on the D5.

Other than that, a dog guard and awating the detachable tow bar to be taken off back order not got much planned.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Do you know when the electric towbars are going to be available i.e. Not on back order? I'm getting my car later this month and really want an electric towbar to be fitted before pick up....?
  • stenh02
    United Kingdom 

We are getting the detachable one, said to be 13th December. The deployable ones are over £2K dealer fit so we got the cheaper option. Didn’t know they were on back order.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

My HSE has the heated wheel and electric roof blinds. Also the intelligent seat fold. Maybe the LR managment owner has these as options fitted. Bonus for me Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

stenh02 wrote:
    We are getting the detachable one, said to be 13th December. The deployable ones are over £2K dealer fit so we got the cheaper option. Didn’t know they were on back order.

Noted with thanks. Dealer has include dealer fit detachable but I'm still contemplating the substantial extra for an electric one. It's the trailer nose weight gauge that comes with the electric one that tempts me.
  • stenh02
    United Kingdom 

The heavy duty one is rated to 350kg as well. The standard detach is 195kg but better than the 150 that was on the D4 and L332 ones. The deployable one is neat but people have reported having a full boot and the button being activated by stuff touching it when towing. There is a recall for a ‘bevel’ on the switch.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Yes the 350kg nose weight limit is reasuring. Think I'd read about the switch protector 'bevel' somewhere else in the forum in the last couple of days. Waiting for Dan at duckworth parts to clarify when the electrically deployable parts will be available and not on back order... will end up with a detachable if they are going to be to long.

Sorry for converting you post to a discussion about towbars...but very greatful for the useful info. Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum