Australia 

Thanks for Sharing.

Wow Aintree looks awesome
  • orkneydave
    United Kingdom 

J77 wrote:
    That is a very classy looking D5.

A shame LR have chosen to drop Aintree Green for the 18MY

I agree! Looking into buying a D5 and had hoped for Aintree Green (when I first started speaking to the dealer, this is what I specced) so quite dissapointed now Sad
  • Dan NL

Its not a shame ... ITS A BLOODY CRIME .... to drop aintree green... Evil or Very Mad

Because if you see the colours you can choose from now : its white, grey, black...

in differen shades of BORING.. Rolling Eyes

Looking at the RR pricelist, you can now have 'special metallic' aintree green at € 5000,- .. EXTRA !!!

As a result I think we should all order white only and wrap it in the colour of choice for GBP 1500 or such..

Beat them at their own game... Whistle Whistle Whistle
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

We were close to getting Aintree Green in our HSE with the tan Windsor leather, but since the upper dash was not included (HSE Lux only), it didn't look complete. We then went with Silicon Silver to hide scratches better - but Aintree Green is so amazing. Great choice.

It's a shame that JLR is dropping their greens (Aintree, BRG) from all MY 17/18 vehicles. I wonder why? It's such a British color.
  • Dan NL

I think I start to loose my 'tunnelvision' looking at LR only. I was upset with the Evoque ; seats for persons under 1.80m only ?

Then came the DS : there's nothing "Discovery" about it at all, why not "Evogue XL", or "Boring Ugly" , at least that would be honest !

The seats are less restricted but the whole inside of the car looks like it was squashed from one extraction moulding step : plain ugly. Nothing that sets it apart from any Asian plastic rubbish SUV thingies, exept for the price. If you add the slightest amount of accessories to it, the price in NL easily surpasses 70K , a price level for which one could buy a basic D4 just 3 years ago !!!

So I searched for "green SUV" and stumbled upon a rather good looking Tiguan Allspace... It sounds like a chinese modelname, but it is just the Tiguan XL or VW version of the Seat Kodiak...

If you configure one you can opt for a package named "Advance" including a panorama roof, 14-fold ajustable seats with memory, you can adjust the seat length and backrest height (!) , electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats, massge function driver seat, heated window washers, to name some...

For a D5 in the option list you only get the panorama roof for that. If you want the other options - most are not even available - you would pay many thousands extra !

And VW deliver a 1.4L petrol engine with 150HP, more then sufficient to keep me rolling in the traffic jams here...

Bottomline : LR management resides on another planet, and has lost contact with "ground control" ...

Really absurd is that they raised prices with 4%. Then the cars are produced in the UK and the GBP went down about 15%... , so they effectively raised prises here with 20% ?!!! Why ?

I think they run into a brick wall quite soon. Buyers will realize its absurd and buy another make for 35% to 60% of the LR price.

For sure first buyers of the Evoque will. Slightly specked upt they reached 90K . These people will have a surprise when they decide to trade in. I will not be surprised if they loose 45K in 18 months, There just aren't enough people in the Netherlands earning salaries high enough to buy these car used at 50K.
    Most high earners get lease cars anyway. Stock of expensive cars are piling up rapidly.

Basicly its a part of the chaos theory. Change something small [ no BRG..] and the whole ballgame may invert... Mr. Green
  • arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

A couple more:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Nice Thumbs Up

Red is now off the list as well.

Is there someone high up at Land Rover with a lot of influence that is sabotaging the company from within?
  • Dan NL

You can get BRG as a "special option" for GBP 5000,- ...
    But in the mean time I spent 2 days at a dealers ship [ 2 weeks in between], for service on my D3.

I tried every JLR car. The D5 is off my list : 2nd row is for persons shorter as 1.5m only. Seat to low,
    not enough legroom.. ...same mistake Nissan made in 2008 with the X-Trail... . Then RRS/RR have no legroom once I am seated and positioned for a long drive [ 2m and 105Kg].... Mr. Green

Amazingly the F-Pace and DS in auto version present me with a place to put my left foot [LHD] where normally a clutchpedal would be.. Resulting in 10cm more legroom. This way the seat can be more forward and I can even sit behind my own frontseat setting.. Whistle

But I'm now tempted to buy an F-Type just for my own fun. We keep the D3 for ever rarer family runs, with the kids flying out of the house anyway..
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum