Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Any detailed info on Navigation?

I am disappointed at the lack of detailed info on the finer points of the operation of navigation system. Drilling down into the instructional videos on the JLR site just has videos relating to the Sport, MY2014!

My immediate requirement is to understand the workings of the live traffic data. I know I am probably being very thick but the format of the information confuses me. I can't seems to get my head round whether the bracketed information is the distance to the event or the length of the hold up.

Any pointers?

Cheers

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I also find the live traffic information/routing quite confusing (non exsistant) and nowhere near as easy to understand as that originally on the satnav on the D3/D4.

Worse though is the new look navigation they've included "manoeuvres" or "traffic" which appears in a panel on the LHS of the screen, but there's no longer any motorway information view.
    This was invaluable, especially when you're travelling long distances, as it provided both time in minutes and distance to the next junction and/or services. On the new navigation system instead it just informs you how long in time and distance to the end destination. Obviously whoever came up with this new look navigation format doesn't do any long distance navigation!

Last edited by Big Al on 12th Sep 2017 6:19 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Which system do have?
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I've a D5 HSE Lux so believe it's the InControl Touch Pro Navigation system.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Ditto (but without the Lux bit) 😢

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum