Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Just placed my order today.

Hi all,

Just placed my order today for a Loir Blue HSE Lux with a few options and I'm very very excited. I have had a D3 for a few years and was going to go for a 4 but having looked at one I just didn't think it was anything special over my 3. Decided to bite the bullet and buy a 5 instead.

Delivery is stated as around Jan at some point, and is going to be a MY18 as they are now released according to the sales guy today.

I'll keep you posted of progress if anyone is interested.
  • Craigp
    England 

Chrismcnaz no not interested. Laughing

Welcome to the site. Please keep us updated. Someone's excitement is quite infectious.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

I've had a 3 for 8 years and a 4 for 3 years and loved them like my own children. I'm looking with some intent at getting a FFRR because I just wasn't convinced with the 5. My Mrs isn't keen on the FFRR and much prefers the RRS which I feel is a bit pointless. Who needs a racing jeep? I did see a really nice RRS in Firenze red with the black roof, black pack and black and white interior. TDV8 too so a bit of go as well. Still not convinced though. Then sat in a D5 in black with dynamic pack and was immediately impressed. The back seat was ok if pushed back and supported my legs just fine. I loved the tech which all worked really well and had time to pull it all about. The place was Saxton 4x4 in Chelmsford and they are stuffed to the gunwales with all sorts. They had a whole floor of LR stuff including many racing jeeps all body kitted et al. Horrid. Main point being they had imported RHD D5's for immediate delivery with all the toys. A 10 mile HSE Lux with TV, dual view and dynamic pack was up for £72k. Not too bad for immediate delivery. Point being the versatility was all there with the 5 and the black body sort of hid the bum a bit, well at least to the point of making it ok. It still has the swiss army knife going on which is what I love about the 3/4. I may just have to jump in. I like the idea of the new digital clock unit with sat nav, just wish the sat nav was good too. I assume it's just like the 3/4 set up.
    We'll see. but congrats on buying the 5, I'm sure you'll love it. Thumbs Up
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Welcome to the Disco 5 club !

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Thanks guys, I'm really excited and cant wait for delivery now.
    I must admit that I looked at the RRS and loved it but I need the 2 additional seats which are 2 grand extra in a RRS. I was however surprised that the same 3L TD6 was Nguni in the D5 has 256bhp and the RRS it has 302bhp. The RRS also quotes better fuel economy as well which is odd. Still went for the D5 though as I just loved the layout and Tech.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Have you seen the new tech in the RRS?
    The new 2018 RRS has the Velar twin screen set up as well as a digi dash. Touch Pro Duo in an RRS.
    They're just asking for trouble.
    Laughing
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Exactly! How long will it take for all that to be working 100% perfectly.

Last edited by jimbg on 4th Oct 2017 5:02 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

As much as I like tech, it's renowned for being the achilles heel of all modern cars. Look at the Volvo and how their tech has been a PITA.
    When it works well it's fantastic but the Google autonomous car hit a bus and killed the driver!
    I wouldn't trust it to keep me that safe, just look at your phone!
    Mine freezes at the most important moment. I wouldn't like to have to rely on it for my life.
    Back on topic. It may be better to get a 5 now with the old tech. It may just be sorted by the time they bring the new one out.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

The tech is one of the main draws to the D5 but then again with the warranty hopefully it'll be alright on the night as it were.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Well I finally have a dealer delivery date of 29 Dec; I imagine it will be in the new year for actual collection. Luckily I'm back in the UK for new year so can collect the car before I fly back to Cyprus on 6 Jan and drive it to the docks for shipping.

Very excited Very Happy
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

For those curious - MY18 updates:

https://blog.caranddriver.com/land-rover-u...base-trim/

- Diesel available in SE as an option
    - HSE and HSE Lux get a full 12.8" digital dash standard; optional in the SE
    - AEB standard
    - Larger HUD, with full-color vs 4-color previously
    - 4G LTE vs. 3G for connected car features - meh, my 2017 now gets 4G LTE since I let my connected car trial expire. Cool
    - Byron Blue is available (doesn't look all that great IMO...)
    - It's more 'spensive.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Collecting on Tuesday at last, I can’t wait. I’ll let you all know how it goes and post some pics.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Finally collected today at last and am totally in love.

Currently sat in a side road in Swindon waiting to assistance with 45 miles on the clock! Set off from the traffic lights at J15 M4 and suddenly clouds of smoke from the rear and warning low coolant!

I expected a few issues along the way but within an hour of collection is rediculous!

Not a very happy chap right now Censored Big Cry
  • forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

Ouch, welcome to D5 ownership Rolling with laughter You have a long road ahead..
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

If only the car would get me up that long road! Sad
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum