Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hse Lux MY18

Well I finally bit the bullet so too speak, after the fiasco of the FE, and decided to stick with the LR brand, giving it another chance.

Put down my deposit for an Hse Lux MY18 this evening. I basically specced it up too the FE specification, albeit with a few more extras like the Digital TV and Duel View Screen, and Black Pack with the Grey Roof Option. Only thing missing is the fancy map finishers the FE had, but i can live without them.

Have been told it's a 12 week wait, but have delayed the cars pick up till March 1st. Dealer told me better too order now incase of future hiccups which may delay the build, plus I rather they take their time, instead of rushing it and it ends up riddled with faults.

Have also ensured that it has the new digital dash, as I dont want too end up getting the MY17 dash, especially with the 2K plus price hike.

Hopefully it will be smooth motoring and the gremlins have been eradicated by now, fingers crossed Wink

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 6th Oct 2017 12:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Craigp
    England 

This time with the full backing of the wife? Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Don't mention the wife ffs Big Cry

Already been in her bad books for the last 7 months and I get a constant daily reminder. March can't come soon enough mate Laughing

She has resorted too running about in a wee Fiat Panda 4x4 and is not a happy bunny too say the least. Mind you am quite fond of the šŸ¼ so I may just keep it as a works runaround. Rolling with laughter

I forgot too say that I went for SANTORINI BLACK, with the 3 litre SI6 Supercharged Petrol engine.

The last week or so all the negative posts with regards too all the adblue issues, with extra top up requirements, and possible engine failures, along with the service lights coming on early, has really put a damper on things, and put me off the diesel. (I think she would divorce me if the engine failed) Laughing

Joking aside, I have come too the conclusion that the Petrol is a safer bet, as initially it was going too be the 3 litre ingenium engine, but that hasn't surfaced yet. Not too mention all the recent Hoo Haa by the government with regards too the purposed diesel ban. At least we won't have the adblue issues too worry about, but no doubt the petrol engines will be suffering from some other niggles. Rolling Eyes
  • J77
    Scotland 

No AdBlue issues with the diesel. Other than it drinks more than the 4 did.

Mines just back this morning for the service light issue, clean bill of health, no oil change required, just bring it back in March for itā€™s 1st service, unless the oil service message drops drastically, at the moment 4000 miles its saying which will see me to March.

Anyway hope this ones better.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Just had my oil and filter changed and now saying 6950 miles.

As the car has only done 5515 miles that is still short of the 16,000 claimed.. Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I hope so J77 otherwise my necks on the chopping board. Shocked

We never had any major issues with the D4.

Plus it seems we got the dregs at the bottom of the barrel so too speak - the Friday evening one before the pubs opened, not the Monday morning one !!! Rolling Eyes

Fingers crossed the replacement will be alot better. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 6th Oct 2017 10:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

Ahh so itā€™s the Jamie Oliver spec youā€™re buying Laughing

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I was toying with the idea of a toaster Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Its like anything nowadays- always the odd few that break down, even Rolls Royces, but they wont admit it.

Plus i remember a good few years back Prince Charles brand new Aston Martin broke down the very first day he bought it. He was not a happy chappy so too speak.

You would have thought that they went over it with a fine toothcomb, which they probably did several times over, but with the advances in technology nowadays, it only takes a simple malfunction too trigger a chain reaction. Laughing
  • J77
    Scotland 

Itā€™s safe to assume you ainā€™t buying from the same dealer?

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I would rather crawl over hot coal or walk on broken glass than give them a penny of my hard earned cash. Censored Shocked Censored
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Pick up day last month Very Happy

4 hours later after picking it up, this was the state of the paintwork after leaving the showroom. All the shine has disappeared. Going too be a nightmare too keep clean Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 9th Apr 2018 7:59 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I once had a black car..... Never again šŸ˜©

Seen on your other post re snowfoam and wheel cleaner, Iā€™ve been using the Bilt Hamber stuff for a few years now, their double speed wax is a thing of sheer Beauty.

Got two layers on my D5 already in the first Month,

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

This is our second black car. My last car was black and once the glaze was applied, was so much easier too clean and maintain. Snowfoam, shampoo and rinse and Merlins Blood on the wheels. Was gleaming afterwards. Used the mitt maybe 2 times a year as never had the need too.

I now have a white car which I was reluctant too purchase as I always assumed white would be alot harder too keep clean. How wrong was I. Far easier too maintain than black. White won't show up scratches like a black car does, hence I haven't taken a mitt too it until the detailers get their hands on it. Once the glaze is on, its alot more resistant too scratches and swirl marks, plus I dont want too be wasting my weekends cleaning the car. I just want as little washing and polishing as possible if am honest. My neighbour is a professional valeter/detailer and he is always giving me free samples of the latest products.

Thanks i will give it a try. I get my cherry red and green snowfoam from Ebay in 25 gallon drums. Likewise car wax and shampoo 2 in 1 in 25 gallon drums, and wheel cleaner and back too black tyre gel/ bumper shine. Works out alot cheaper than buying a 1 litre bottle. Usually go for Turtle wax, or Dodo Juice. Meguiars and Autoglym are excellent also. Tried poor boys polish but not keen on it as has a cutting agent in it which can dull the paintwork, especially noticeable on black paint. My garage resembles Halfords Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Some detailing pics

I

I

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum