Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• S2bear
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Last straw on the quality front

So, driving along the A3 at a steady 65/70, family all asleep.
    Offside rear window opens completely of it's own accord, so I try and close it and it spends the next 5 minutes or so just going up and down completely on it's own.

Children awake and crying, wife wakes up and thinks it's my fault!

The little things are all starting to add up now. Not happy.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Wow that's not good, did the dealer say or find anything on investigation?
  • S2bear
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Dealer offered replacement or refund. When I opted for a refund the dealer changed their mind and said the faults on the car didn’t warrant rejection so they would only ‘replace’ the car, not refund it. The dealer claimed that they couldn’t open the video clips of the faults that I sent them and said that if they couldn’t see a fault, they couldn’t fix it so, I posted the same video faults of my car, and the loan car, on YouTube and stuck the link on LR’s facebook page. Land Rover got involved and 10 days later I was refunded. I would have probably stayed with the car if the dealer hadn’t denied that there were any faults in the first place but the denial of the faults and the growing list was concerning on a brand new car costing 65k. The loan car had numerous faults too - the DVD player didn’t work, the nav touch screen had dead spots so I could find my elbow but not my A*** as ‘A’ and ‘Q’ didn’t work. Then it started blowing hot air out of the driver side vents when the a/c was on cold. The dealer said the latter was just a software issue but I saw the car interior being stripped down by 2 technicians that day and was told 2 weeks later that they had only just managed to fix it. I think there’s a great car in there somewhere but the technology side of things just isn’t finished. (The finishing department needs a shake up too) It was a letdown on many fronts and I was very disappointed. I’ve moved on... then I saw the SVX .... cannot cannot cannot cannot...ok maybe in a year or so.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Holy cow you've really been through it. I ordered my HSE Lux last week with delivery quoted as Jan, so I'm hoping that the initial issues will be sorted by then.
  • dgardel
    Italy 

• jpi3418
    Australia 

Its ridiculous that the D5 should be having these issues. The underpinnings are RR, so well sorted, the engines are all carry-overs from other models, the interior is really de-specced RR, so there's nothing new in there. Why all the quality issues? LR do themselves no favours at all. I'm waiting until mid 2018 at the earliest before i get mine, tempted to wait for the 6 cylinder diesel Ingenium but who knows when that will arrive. Regardless am hoping they've worked out how to assemble it all correctly by then.
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

The InControl Pro issues impact the whole JLR range. Colleagues brand new RR just been in for a month trying to sort the dead portions on the screen. If they upgrade fails it can screw the whole system.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Had my Disco5 HSE since October 3rd, i've had some 'niggles' shall we say.

1. Had a suspension fault error message come up, but disappeared after I stopped and started the car
    2. The Sat Nav stopped working half way to a location, saying 'Satellite Navigation not available'
    3. Numerous occasions the car tells me that the parking brake is on, even though it should disengage automatically
    4. Rear seats with a mind of their own, even starting to move when someone is sitting in them!
    5. Sign recognition cameras showing totally the wrong signs and speed limits
    6. AEB system telling me it can't initialise due to obstruction (when the windscreen is totally clean and clear!

Oh, and the InControl Route system is broken! I can't even add my vehicle to my account!

To be honest I think gone is the time when you paid a very large sum of money to get a car thats reliable and works 100%. Maybe I should have saved half the money and got a Hyundai!?
  • Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

neilk wrote:
    The InControl Pro issues impact the whole JLR range. Colleagues brand new RR just been in for a month trying to sort the dead portions on the screen. If they upgrade fails it can screw the whole system.

Does anyone know if the InControl Pro is an in-house JLR development or is it supplied by a third-party OEM vendor? (Just curious...)
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I think it is in house rather than OEM’d. The Wi-fi is from Ublox who design wireless modules and I found this https://www.disti.com/wordpress-old/2016-j...-software/ on the UI design tool they use so it looks like they integrate using a number of tools.
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

The action of showing speed limit signs,, is notfool proof. I have a Ford Focus with the similar system, it not only reads speed signs, but also the speed signs used on lorries. I ave seen even 110 come up on the screen, but also in a known 30 mph limit not unusual to get 50. 60. Or 70 showing when close to a Larry.
    Not helpful I know but the reason for the problem taken 9 months to understand.

Rodney
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Honestly Officer......the sign said 110 Whistle Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum