Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Loss of Information on Media system

I have had a problem with the media system from day 1 with cds copied to the hard drive. When they are first chosen from media system all of the track information is present, choose a track and play it then move to the radio, when you return to the media system the track plays but all of the information about the track, album etc is missing and it shows Track nn where nn could be track 10 / 12 etc but it is actually 1 on the album?
    This was supposed to be rectified by the infotainment upgrade but it hasn't been. The same thing happens on the courtesy car so I guess its a generic fault. Has anyone else recognised this?
    Also if you use the voice command to play media, an empty list is displayed so all works if you know what you want to play but if you wanted to choose tough.
    All this worked on my D4.
    Bow down
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You have had this one applied?

Title
    LTB01009v7 - InControl Touch Pro features May Not Function As Expected (Additional Updates)
    Global reference
    LTB01009v7
    Navigation path
    Bulletins Technical Bulletins 415 - Entertainment System
    Publication date
    25-Jul-2017 14:51:08
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 

As they've had it since 30th May and it just returned on Friday last week its supposed to have had everything applied!!
    They have it back now as I have had so many faults i have rejected the car and a new one is arriving in September hopefully without the issues!
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

Sounds similar to the infotainment issues I reported last month:
    https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread618.html

After a bit of playing around, what I think is happening is that the infotainment system is setting up a tracklist comprising multiple copies of the same song. A hard reset of the iPod Touch seems to rectify the problem for a short time.

Mine's going in to be looked at next Monday along with the annoying rattle coming from under the central cup holder/storage.
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 

The difference is mine are copied to the hard drive when the problem occurs, if I play directly from the cd then there are no issues with the information.

Even when on the hdd the tracks are not repeated just total loss of track information and the track number shown bears no correlation to the one that is playing. I have now videoed it for the service team to see exactly what happens
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have the same problem as described - the local JLR garage has applied the latest updates to no avail. They have raised an issue with LR and the car is booked to go back to them in two weeks - hopefully there will be a diagnosis / fix. I also seem to have a slight `vagueness', in the steering in the straight ahead position which is to be checked at the same time. Otherwise the car is excellent as has been the service from the local JLR garage.

Disappointed to find the LR have not kept the Adaptive headlights and Timed climate control as standard in the HSE Lux though.
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 

Since my car was replaced earlier this month as I had lots of other issues leading me to reject the original car, the media system works fine with no loss of information. They kept the new car for an extra day to apply the latest infotainment fix before I collected it, I don't know it this was the one that fixed the issues or if the new car didn't have them
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have had loads of issues with media and Sat nav freezing. car went in and had software patch applied which did nothing and caused loss or rear media.
    Car then went back in again and dealer had lots of issues trying to re-load newer software, took them several attempts and all day to do but now all seems good but it is early days Laughing

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Car went into the local JLR dealer as scheduled on the 19th October and got it back today. They had opened a ticket with LR for the problem. The dealer updated all the system software and LR wrote a patch to rectify the Media Library issue - all working fine now, albeit a bit slow to start all the services. (suspect this is due to the system having read and compile the patch into the running code. Hopefully LR will add this patch into their next software build which should speed up the process.)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum