Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

my sister is currently closer to my car than i am, she's studying in Cardiff, Censored Rolling with laughter

jimbg wrote:
    Yes that's Portbury Docks just outside of Bristol.

Have a look at the Google satellite image and zoom in to see all the cars that come in and out of there.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

cheeky lol this wait is going to kill me

fisherman wrote:
    I can see the blue one, is it yours? Whistle

• fisherman
    United Kingdom 

So I spoke to the dealers who don't offer the service of Vista for customers (After all we have no say) and I have been told they are now looking into the possibility.
    Regards the quoted sales conversation I emailed, they tell me there has been a slight drop back from what they originally said. It's now being delivered to the dealers on 16/3 and not during Feb as was originally stated. They had said they were happy to hang onto it until the new plates were issued, even if this meant storing for a month or so. The build date they showed me was 9/2 but thats now slipped back to 23/2. This time around (Now he has my deposit) he made sure that I was aware the dates can change and it's all down to LR. I pointed out my contract was with his company and not LR so they would be responsible for supplying a replacement car if I sell mine privately. Oh and by the way, I'm taking it to Spain with my 2500kg caravan in tow so make sure it has a hook!

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

update: my car seems to be on a ship on it's way to Valencia and subsequently on it's way down to Gibraltar. so i'm hoping to have it by the end of January. fingers crossed Smile

Last edited by achichon on 5th Jan 2018 12:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• fisherman
    United Kingdom 

If it stops moving, does that mean it fell in? Big Cry

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

lol not sure it's actually being GPS tracked... they simply add the details of what's going on with your car into the system and use google maps to tell you it's whereabouts... or else i'd be worried as mine was in the middle of the water when it was at the port in uk lol

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If you know the name of the ship you can track it here: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/...5.0/zoom:4

The only 2 car transporters to leave Portbury this week were: Grande Ellade and Heroic Leader

Last edited by jimbg on 5th Jan 2018 1:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

You can't get the mobile number of a deckhand to talk you through the crossing, can you?

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter that would be Censored epic xD worst thing is it has to pass through the straights of Gibraltar to get all the way to Valencia... might as well just drop it off here! lol

just spoke to one of the guys in charge of the orders etc.. he says that he can't promise but that my car could be here by next friday. as soon as the car hits Valencia it's on the first truck down, together with the other 8 cars which are coming this way... Very Happy Very Happy

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Unless the deck hand is your mate, I doubt you will get a mobile number, unless you have access too a crystal ball. Laughing

You need too be within 25 miles of a mobile mast apparently too receive a mobile signal, so a mobile number would be of no use if the ship is in the middle of the ocean. Nowadays they are using satellite phones which can get a signal almost anywhere. Thumbs Up
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

It was only a joke.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Oops Shocked

Here was me thinking that you would have known all this with a name like Fisherman.

Oh well I bet it made u chuckle Thumbs Up
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I think I have had a few too many chocolate liquors today, as my judgement seems too be a tad impaired.
    Rolling with laughter
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Just the mention of them and my wife heaves!
    I don't mind them myself.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum