Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

GPS Repeater

I have read about the requirement for a gos repeater to enable the location of the car to be recited by the Blackvuew dash cam. Does anybody have a recommended GPS Repeater and some suggestions for location and fitting of the parts?

Many thanks in advance.

Rodney
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

If the BlackVue is located within the area specified or indicated in the manual then the GPS works Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Russell,
    The car is not due fir10 days so I was prepairing, I will do as you suggest, others are saying there’s an issue.
    I will let others know of my experience.

Regards. Rodney
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

In the manual it shows where GPS items can go, there is an area around the mirror and from memory the edge of the screen where there is no heat reflective material on the screen, this area is suitable for GPS items and I have not issues with my BlackVue GPS or not the last time I looked

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 

thanks I have had no problem with the heated screen, its just that I have the HUD on my new car and it needs a solar attenuating glass windshield I believe there are areas that are not affected around the mirror, painted black but the camera may not see out??

A bit more research needed maybe.

Thanks for you help and consideration.

Rodney
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My phone mounted in the cup holder is adversely affected by the heated screen. I’m going to give one of these a try .... will probably try and find a way of using it all internally plugged in from the boot area

https://www.amazon.co.uk/IPHONE-SIGNAL-BOO...s+repeater
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Rodisco5 wrote:
    thanks I have had no problem with the heated screen, its just that I have the HUD on my new car and it needs a solar attenuating glass windshield I believe there are areas that are not affected around the mirror, painted black but the camera may not see out??

A bit more research needed maybe.

Thanks for you help and consideration.

Rodney

The area around the mirror is big enough certainly for a black vue Thumbs Up

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

The user guide states the following which backs up the “near the mirror” thoughts:

• Russell
    United Kingdom 

That is where mine is and I also have a TAG for toll roads in France all work well and I have the attenuating glass

• ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

ukms wrote:
    My phone mounted in the cup holder is adversely affected by the heated screen. I’m going to give one of these a try .... will probably try and find a way of using it all internally plugged in from the boot area

https://www.amazon.co.uk/IPHONE-SIGNAL-BOO...s+repeater

Now have my one these in use and it works a treat !
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 

Update,

I have had the new car a couple of weeks and both the BlackVue video and the French M/W tag work fine fitted in the area around the internal mirror. Nothing else required,

A possible problem, that wasn’t.

Rodney
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum