Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• fisherman
    United Kingdom 

Smart choice

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • Craigp
    England 

Laughing
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Lucky he did not meet a D5 or there would be even less of the Smart car!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

The squirrel would have gone straight underneath and been unharmed. Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Am pretty sure that was a fifth gear episode where they crashed it on purpose into a solid block of cement. Proved that smaller cars are just as safe as bigger ones as the passenger compartment did it's job Thumbs Up

However the shocker was when they hit an mpv carrier into a D1. I had my money on the D1 being the far safer car. The results proved otherwise Shocked Shocked
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

I think it was an age thing with the MPV V D1. The MPV was much younger and therefore had difference safety cell construction to the D1. Proved a point though. The crash testing on the 5 is pretty tough and it holds up really well getting all 5 stars.

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Your probably right with regards too age. Even 5 years is a big difference with all the advances nowadays. What I would like too see would be the D1 v the D5 or the smart v the D1/D5 Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum