Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stick
    United Kingdom 

Feedback on middle row seating please

Hi

I have owned D4's for the past 8 years and done about 200k miles in them.

I am probably going to keep this one a bit longer as I have several issues with the D5. However, most of them are just my opinion and not major. The biggie is the middle row seating. It doesn't look high enough. I never sit in the middle row so don't know what it is like in the d4, let alone the d5. Can I get some feedback on how people find it for long journeys? My teenagers have to sit in it for 12 hours 8 times a year to and from Switzerland. I don't want to even consider a car that will be less comfortable than what they have now.

Thanks.
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

They are lower,my other half(shes 5"4) said that sitting in the back was no where near as comfortable as our D4.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I had three teenagers all 5'11" plus in the back for 1000 miles round France last year and all had done similar in previous D4's and had no complaints out of any of them Thumbs Up So think that speaks volumes

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Stick, my teenager loves them. She gets more leg room than before and hasn’t complained about the seat base height at all. They also recline so more comfy when sleeping. Strangely there is less row 2 leg room than there was in the Disco Sport though. Unless I sit differently in the D5 than I did in that.

Best idea is to get a D5 on a weekend demo and do some driving with your teens in the back Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I've got to get my 13 year old 5'10" son in the middle row of one, I'm keeping stum though and not asking him anything, if he's not comfy he'll soon let me know anout it. If i plant the seed he will be rattling on about it for the whole journey.

My theory is, Coming from any other veh you have concerns, these usually last for a day or so for me, they will soon subside for my son, either that or he can walk or catch public transport. Compared to the seats in cars i had to sit in as a child these are bloody luxury, he's already stipulating rear seat heating.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Covered lots of miles with blokes in the back same as I have in numerous D4s. They say the seats are different, no better no worse. They all say as a whole the D5 is a nicer place to travel in compared to a D4. Especially when they can tilt the back further back to get some sleep.
  • stick
    United Kingdom 

Thanks all for the comments. Like Chalky says, I don't want to raise it with my two as it will only bring on moaning....will be glad for any more comments that come...
    Thumbs Up .
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum