Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Done the removing of plastic lids etc that are easily removable. Tried also disconnecting FBH and some other auxiliary devices to eliminate possible noise source. Noticed that noise in my vehicle can be heard even if I switch off the engine and let car to roll on. -> Suspension/steering issue or some loose part that me and dealer have not spotted?
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

AndrewS wrote:
    Why don't you keep removing items until the noise stops.

Not sure if it would invalidate the warranty and also how many parts would end up in my garage 😂
    Might remove these when it is dry enough and see what happens.... good job this isn’t an expensive luxury motor eh 🤐

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

No issues with warranty. Its easier all round if you can find the problem, You know what it sounds like,

PS
    Dont remove the engine or brakes Laughing
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Capt Pugwash wrote:
    AndrewS wrote:
    Why don't you keep removing items until the noise stops.

Not sure if it would invalidate the warranty and also how many parts would end up in my garage 😂
    Might remove these when it is dry enough and see what happens.... good job this isn’t an expensive luxury motor eh 🤐

Why not apply a bit of gaffer tape to hold in place to prove either way.
    My lad works at a garage and they have acoustic mikes to fit to cars to check for noises and they are good, would have thought main dealer would have access to the same.

Have the dears confirmed they have heard the noise?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Good idea, I will try some tape and see what happens...
    When I dropped it off for 3+ Days...I persuaded the dealer to get a mechanic to go out to the car with me and listen...he then reported back that he had heard it.
    They did orignally say they would use an acoustic probe... must have misplaced it when my car had a spell with them.
    I recorded the noise today...sounds even worse when I play it back...guess yet another trip to the dealers is looking imminent... hope they don’t Censored anything else up along the way!

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Update: Drove 50 mins (again) to the dealer as they appear incapable of calling me back...
    It is going back in for more diagnostic to try and locate the now worsening noise & vibration!
    They said that the notes said “to let the fault ‘develop”...which was news to me because on my last visit they said it was 99% fixed!
    Got to wait until last week of April now to get it back in because I dared to ask for a courtesy car!
    I played them a video of it now sounding like a tractor whilst sitting in it, I struggle to believe they can’t locate the source of this noise/vibration...this will be my last JLR product.

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Can you share the recording?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum