Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gareth
    United Kingdom 

Doh! Should have known. Even my 4 has that. Although it doesn’t like the new Led streetlamps around Manchester.

It usually goes to high beam in the centre of town if no cars coming the other way!
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

The Velar loaner I had also did this, and it was cool so I am guessing was a 2018 update. (the sunroof blind thing that is, not the high beam assist). The matrix lights on the Velar were also very cool, but even as a confirmed gadget addict the dual screen and virtual steering wheel buttons are a solution looking for a problem rather than improving things.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Not had any real issue with HBA apart from it’s a bit slow to go back to high beam and insists on going into dip driving below 30. Right pain on narrow unlit rural lanes where you really need them. Flicking them on manually means I always forget and they don’t auto dip when meeting the next oncoming car Whistle

Just leave mine on and 95% of the time they work a treat. Same as the DS, they work better than on my D4 Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mines slow to turn off - and then just as I do it manually (using the flash position) it goes off and I end up not just blinding them but flashing them too Rolling Eyes

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Really? Mine go off very fast. Sometimes too sensitive.

Mine are the standard LED. Does the Lux have a different system?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Rumour has it the 2018 model has the full set of brake lights, even on the tailgate Whistle Laughing

We checked a 2018 model in Oz but they are still the same size as the 2017 model.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum