Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I have blind spot monitoring with closing vehicle sensing and reverse traffic detection through the Drive Pro Pack in my HSE Lux.

Blind Spot Monitor alerts you to vehicles in, or quickly approaching your blind spot, through a small warning light in the corresponding door mirror.

Reverse Traffic Detection warns you of hazards approaching from either side of your car, through both audible and visual warnings so you know what’s behind you even when the view is obstructed.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

I have on my HSE

Blind Spot Monitor alerts you to vehicles in, or quickly approaching your blind spot, through a small warning light in the corresponding door mirror.

Reverse Traffic Detection warns you of hazards approaching from either side of your car, through both audible and visual warnings so you know what’s behind you even when the view is obstructed.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Thanks all...maybe when an IID tool comes out we can 'activate' it Whistle
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Run it past dealer
    My reverse detection stopped working but when they had it in they got it going big again
    Maybe it is there but just defective

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

AndrewS wrote:
    I have on my HSE

Seems to not be too sensitive on the passenger side. Even with big lorries. Maybe mine needs a prod by Shukers ? Even the driver side it only warns me when the vehicle is very (too) close. Approaching warning I don’t get.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’m getting approach warning on fast moving vehicles, it indicates in the wing mirror when I can see them in the rear view mirror “just” then remains in the mirror until they pass the front bumper, the front sensor must trigger it off ?

On slower movers I’m getting blind spot and to be honest it’s fairly accurate, the slower their approach the later it activates. even passenger side, it remains active in the NS mirror until I very nearly pick them up in the rear view mirror, which is my cue for indicating and moving across.

On a 3 lane mtwy with me on the inside lane, if a veh comes past in the outside “fast” lane missing out the middle lane ? It fails to pick them up ? Presumably because it knows they are in a separate lane, it would be handy if it picked them up as they’re the ones swinging into the middle lane that your more likely to hit, or them hit you ?

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • PeterW
    England 

I have it as an option on my HSE
    It only seems to work as I put the car into reverse.

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

Simon as far as I can see the D5 HSE only comes with blind spot (which is when a vehicle is directly alongside) and reverse traffic monitoring (which is cross traffic when you are reversing\ pulling out of a space) as standard ....not closing vehicle sensing (which is traffic approaching from a distance of up to 70m) . The D4 HSE came with all three aspects as standard.

Chalky the system is controlled by radar sensors in the rear bumper Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I know Rich Thumbs Up

I just think it’s not particularly good and comes in too late or mostly not at all for pasegener side detection.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

PeterW wrote:
    I have it as an option on my HSE
    It only seems to work as I put the car into reverse.

Peter, is that you from the D3 forum ? 2T Oil at the Factory Tour from a few years ago ?

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
    Simon as far as I can see the D5 HSE only comes with blind spot (which is when a vehicle is directly alongside) and reverse traffic monitoring (which is cross traffic when you are reversing\ pulling out of a space) as standard ....not closing vehicle sensing (which is traffic approaching from a distance of up to 70m) . The D4 HSE came with all three aspects as standard.

Chalky the system is controlled by radar sensors in the rear bumper Thumbs Up

Yes, got that 👍
    Watched a video of it albeit relating to FFRR but it is as described, got it on my HSE, it’s ticked in the menu, my question is? Should I have it or not ?

• Gareth
    United Kingdom 

I’m surprised your salesman did’nt upsell that to you DG! Knowing what you were coming from, it would have been easy money, because I’m sure you would have ticked the box?

I have found speccing up a D5 or a Velar a bloody minefield, with so many variations.
  • PeterW
    England 

Hi Chalkly, no wasn’t me Smile

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

I was gonna say, there’s no way you could have used all that 2T by now Rolling with laughter

What does this closing detection do any way ? Does it beep ? Or just illuminate ? Mine just illuminates as it does for blind spot but picks up from a fair distance on fast movers ?

• DG
    United Kingdom 

The truth is Gareth that I saw "Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection" in the HSE specification but foolishly thought that the closing sensing was part of it so never questioned it at order. It's not a 'biggie' in terms of a negative tbh ..I just really wanted to check if it was specced and not working perhaps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum