Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MattChines
    United Kingdom 

Alarm going off ?

Hi All,

So last night at around 1.00am for no reason it the Alarm went off om Disco 5 had since March and never has done this before. Reset it on double lock and then about 30 mins later went off again....Reset it again and then did the same again 30 mins later or so.

I then single locked in on the 3rd time and did not go off again.

Has anyone else experienced this or might know what it could be ??????
  • Craigp
    England 

Yes but they could be classed as valid. Camera came unstuck and swung down. Also kept going off on a windy day. Wind must have been just caching it right as this is not a common occurrence. Oh and a big moth or something got in and was flying round. (Or did i dream that) Shocked
  • Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

@MattChines - did you resolve the alarm issue, or did it go away?

Mine went off at 4am today; thought at first I'd left the sunroof open but I hadn't and no security lights had come on so it wasn't someone tampering with or rocking the car. I re-locked it (double lock) and it was fine after that.

Are alarm activations logged somewhere on the vehicle that a dealer or IID (if it worked on a D5) could interpret them?
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but double locking enables the sensors inside the car, single locking does not? In which case i'd suspect something inside the cabin.

Had a similar experience a few years ago in my D4, when a Bee was trapped inside the car. It was one of those big ones and set off the motion sensors inside a few times, only found it after checking the car over after the and alarm.
  • Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes - you are correct - double locking sets the internal sensors - so that's my next check - unwanted winged things flitting around in the cabin. 4am wasn't a good time for going on a moth-hunt. Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum