Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Front row head restraints

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the front row head rests too close to your head? I can easily adjust up and down but not front to back. Tried altering postion of seatback to compensate, but still find it a bit close. Partner also complains about this - a lot.
    Be interested to hear what anyone else thinks, or if there is any way of adjusting this - I don't think so.

Sorry, posted this in wrong subject area and can't see how to delete it Embarassed Embarassed
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I cant say that I've noticed mine being to close.

I find it funny that mine have the fold out "wings" on them which seems pointless on the drivers side, unless you plan to have a snooze on the motorway.....with the adaptive cruise and queue assist and lane departure on to drive for you. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • juliat
    Australia 

Had this problem on my disco4, I could not get any sense out of land rover australia, but did eventually get their permission and blessing to adjust the headrest cushioning as I had a previous neck injury.
    What we did was to remove the headrest (not sure if this is possible in a D5 with possible electrical wiring).

We then removed the cover of the headrest with some difficulty and shaved some of the padding out of the centre on the front of the cushioning It was that rather dense foam.
    Replaced the cover and it was much more comfortable.

I had spoken to someone technical, I cannot remember where but he said you should have a gap of the width of your palm held horizontally between the back of your head and the front of the headrest. I have no way of knowing if this is true but it sounds sensible.

Have a D5 3ld on order for september so will probably have to do the same again.

Juliat
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum