Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Teekster
    United States 

Black pack

Does anyone have pictures of a black pack equipped car with black bumpers? We ordered Byron blue with the black pack and it arrived without it. The dealer is trying to recreate it. The configuration shows black bumpers but they say it comes with the silver valance I received. The silver really makes the (US) towing apparatus really stand out.

[/img]
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Mine has a black pack but it doesn't seem to extend to the lower cover either. It's not too bad on a white car but I imagine it would stick out on a dark colour. A few people have wrapped or sprayed theirs.

• DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

They are correct.

Sorry it’s a bit grubby

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Teekster
    United States 

Thanks. I just got to see 2 of them side by side. There is a difference, but it’s not black. I guess I’ll spray mine.

2018 Discovery HSE lux, 2019 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2008 AM V8 Vantage, 2003 Porsche 911 C4 cab, 1991 Porsche 944 cab, 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

DG wrote:
    Mine has a black pack but it doesn't seem to extend to the lower cover either. It's not too bad on a white car but I imagine it would stick out on a dark colour. A few people have wrapped or sprayed theirs.

Nice parking DG Laughing
    Avoiding door dings from other car doors and dreaded shopping trollys no doubt Whistle
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I see nothing wrong with parking that way, I used to park over 2 spaces in Tesco's carpark with the people carrier, but to avoid complaints I used to park as far away from the shop as possible - there would be hardly any cars there anyway. Cars grow in size over the years but parking spaces don't, so up their size and I don't feel I have to. With the D4, I tend to put it in extended mode when parking between two cars.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

For the avoidance of doubt ...it was a private "empty" car park and I jumped out to take a photo ....I'm sure nobody died Wink
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I see your still rocking the 52 plate Rich.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

Yarp Very Happy That way my boss never realises I've bought a new motor Laughing
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Pop the panels off and get them painted. Thats what i did. Check out my pics.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

DG wrote:
    Yarp Very Happy That way my boss never realises I've bought a new motor Laughing

Very clever. I assume he’s visually impaired too then Dr. Evil

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

DG wrote:
    For the avoidance of doubt ...it was a private "empty" car park and I jumped out to take a photo ....I'm sure nobody died Wink

Ha ha, I thought you were gonna blame the Mrs for a minute there. Rolling with laughter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

IndusD4 wrote:
    I see nothing wrong with parking that way, I used to park over 2 spaces in Tesco's carpark with the people carrier, but to avoid complaints I used to park as far away from the shop as possible - there would be hardly any cars there anyway. Cars grow in size over the years but parking spaces don't, so up their size and I don't feel I have to. With the D4, I tend to put it in extended mode when parking between two cars.
    Ron

I agree Ron, the parking spaces are too small in virtually all the carparks. Asda parent and child is good as they have chevrons at either side of the parking space, which is a godsend considering the doors on the car are so wide.

However still an issue if it's the adjacent cars kids who are steering the trollys, or lazy people leaving them in the parking spaces, leading too an inevitable ding or scratch Embarassed

I cringe when I see RR drivers shoehorn their brand new cars inbetween 2 battered cars, right at the front of the shops doorway.

Like yourself I park as far away in the car park, where it is quieter. (Mrs would be fuming if it came back damaged)

However whenever I come back there is about 6 trollys surrounding the car as if it was a magnet. Not a car or trolly in site before parking. God only knows where they come from?? Shocked

It's the ones who Park in the disabled bays without a badge or in the child's space without a child which really gets my goat. Its usually some 4x4 driver, which ends us all getting a bad reputation.

Hmmm that's a great idea I never thought of parking in extended mode too prevent door dings. Excellent idea. Thumbs Up
  • Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

After looking at the UK, US and Australian websites all different.

Last edited by Mark^^ on 6th May 2018 10:57 am. Edited 2 times in total
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

Not so sure that's right ...AFAIK AndrewS and DiscoStu have the Dynamic packs and theirs were not black Smile
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum