Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

Infotainment woes - any advice?

My 03/2107 car has been in three times for infotainment issues and has had the latest update. While the boot time is quicker, I still have some issues:-

1) If I listen to Spotify in Incontrol Apps, after a variable time I suddenly get nothing but very loud, high-pitched white noise from the system. Even if I try and play from the music library on my phone (not via Incontrol) then I still get the white noise. All of this only happens when connecting via cable. Via Bluetooth I can playback easily (but obviously cannot control Spotify from the head unit). Any ideas? My dealer hasn't a clue.
    2) If my kids change the radio channel on the RSE in the back, it also changes it in the front. Thus, I can be quite happily listening to Radio 4 and have my 10 year old witch the whole car to Capital from the back seat. Is this correct? Is there only one tuner in the car?
    3) Parking cameras are very hit and miss. Sometimes I get no camera at all unless I manually select the camera option.
    4) Occasionally, the whole head unit screen develops gremlins and shudders and shakes, displays off centre, and does other odd things.
    5) Incontrol remote finds it impossible to tell me at all times the seat positions of the car, so I can never do the Bear Grylls skydiving thing. I can drop all, or raise all, but not individual seats. Occasionally it will work, but there is no clear rhyme nor reason.

I know it's asking a lot for an £80,000 car to have a functioning user interface, but it is frustrating me a bit, and I've lived with this for over a year, with the car going in for days and returning with the same problems. Anyone got any insight / advice?

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I have the same problem with the seats they worked fine until they upgraded the SW. I found that if you are on the seat page and got to settings change the seat collision to on and go back to the previous page then you can do the seats individually. turn it off and its back the same only all or nothing. Its going in again for this and other problems so hoping they fix them this time.

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • eelpout
    United States 

I took my MY17 HSE Lux in last week for service. They did not update the "infotainment" package so I'm still on the original "fresh off the boat" version from last year. When I asked them about it they said they don't update as a matter of course and treat the InControl updates as glitch fixes. If you have a particular problem and it's on the fix list then they'll update. They've seen too many problems introduced via the updates so they shy away from them. They'll do the updates if one insists however.

Kinda sucks because there are new features that would be nice to have as well.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Or the alternative answer is that it takes a very, very long time to do! Whistle
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

I’m still waiting for the dealer to get a reply from JLR on a fix. A month since they had the car. Seems like they have some significant software issues

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

My MY18 has a few annoying things like yours.

Whenever my phone is plugged in playing music there's an intermittent clicking sound from the speakers.

Whenever the yoofs in the back change the radio station, it changes it for the front as well like yours.

I'll be reversing using the rear camera which suddenly just disappears leaving me wondering exactly how far I am from the wall behind and hurriedly looking over my shoulder.

Why LR didn't just incorporate apple car play or the android equivalent I will never know.

Also, has anyone noticed how crap the sound is when on the phone? With the all singing (pardon the pun) Meridian sound system I have, I would expect the phone conversation to sound amazing but it actually sounds like its coming out of a cheap second hand speaker taken from an old clock radio.
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Im with you 100% apple car play and ye why dose the phone sound like your talking through two cans and a string Laughing

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum