Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RB
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Not sure what is going on there, I can assure you we can put together a bundle where you have a bundle with Data shared across the account, and that is on BOTH o2 and voda

Voda are even listing data sharing SIMs on their web

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-pr...Share-SIM/

Rob

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • RB
    United Kingdom 

Thinking about it, probably a salesman wanting his new connection commission! Very Happy

• CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

From looking at their website, those sharing plans are only available on business accounts
  • RB
    United Kingdom 

Ok sorry I hadn't seen that as we only really deal with business, however that is only to do market not legislation.

I really don't see how they say it is illegal unless they are talking about 2 sims with the SAME phone number which you used to be able to have (so you mobile and installed car phone could have the same number (oh those were the days!)), however that is not required for DATA sharing

https://www.techradar.com/news/ee-launches...-gift-data

and here is O2 data sharer, unto 9 devices can share the lead devices data bundle

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

Hope that helps

• CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

Thanks RB
  • RB
    United Kingdom 

Further investigation shows Voda did used to do this themselves with the Red+ or Family plans, but have since dropped this for personal accounts as you have said.

Just Voda being Voda, it may be time to change network, or simply move to a reseller who can put the deal together for you (and probably a better deal anyway!)

Rob

• milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old post but it still doesn't help my problem.

Have an iPad through EE which came with a data sim that I can top up data from our family account to.

When I put it in it says Reading Sim, then after about 3 minutes the Connect to Sim switch moves back to off.

My car is in for the next few days having some snagging done. I have added SIM tray to the list, but I want to check that I am using the right SIM.

Thanks for any help

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

CumbrianCanary wrote:
    When I spoke to Vodafone they told me it was now illegal to have 2 SIMS linked to one account!

Then you spoke to the junior apprentice.
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

milesg wrote:
    Hi all, sorry to resurrect an old post but it still doesn't help my problem.

Have an iPad through EE which came with a data sim that I can top up data from our family account to.

When I put it in it says Reading Sim, then after about 3 minutes the Connect to Sim switch moves back to off.

My car is in for the next few days having some snagging done. I have added SIM tray to the list, but I want to check that I am using the right SIM.

Thanks for any help

I had this exact same thing with my data sim from my EE iPad contract. LR looked at it and it was a faulty sim reader which they replaced. The EE data sims do work, now it is golden!!

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

I use the Three free 200mb per month data sim. Never gone over the 200mb per month for the live maps traffic etc. If I did would just use phone hotspot.

https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum