Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Intermittent Bluetooth Connectivity

Hi all,

does anyone else get an intermittent issue with bluetooth connectivity?

Sometimes when I start the car, my iPhone doesn't automatically connect, and if I try to manually connect, it tries and then fails to connect?

If I come back to the car after a few hours and start it again, sometimes it'll connect, sometimes it won't!?

Weird...

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

My iPhone 7 works every time, is this a new "feature" or has it always been like this?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Have you tried deleting the pairing and re-pairing the phone ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Yeah I tried that, but it also seems to happen with my wife's phone too. Recreated her connection too...

One other thing i've seen that sometimes doesn't work correctly is the automatic opening of the sunroof blinds, when its set to open when the engine starts, so this might not just be the bluetooth side of things.

Connectivity to the phone was the obvious issue, however because of the warmer weather I activated the auto blind option. Now I see theres been a few times when this hasn't worked either. Strange.

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

My Bluetooth connection sometimes fails as well.

i wonder why LR didn't just install Carplay as an easy and reliable solution to connectivity; I have had cheap hire cars that have had Carplay and worked perfectly and flawlessly from the start.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

I've always wondered why LR didn't go down the route that everyone seems to be going, i.e. CarPlay for Apple and Android...

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Agree. But it seems they want to keep to their own proprietary system no matter what. I did see a photos of the Velar touch screens that showed an Android Auto option on it but that was a pre-production car I think.

Life would be so much easier with CarPlay / Android Auto for phone, music, navigation, notifications, messaging etc etc etc.

There was talk / rumour of LR adding a smartphone upgrade to ICTP to add these but its all gone very quiet again. Just like originally when CarPlay was first launched, LR were listed as one of the supporters but its still missing in action Evil or Very Mad

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i've had this issues various times, but after latest update it seems to be better though it does happen when i receive a call the music won't automatically start again most of the times, i have to press play on the phone again. i've also realised that if i stop the car and start it again soon after the connectivity plays up most of the times too.

i too do not understand how they have not implemented carplay it was a no brainer imo. and the worst thing is that if they do i am not sure that our systems will be able to just update/ upgrade to it Sad the JLR system is pretty unreliable when it comes to bluetooth connectivity but apparently it plays better with Android devices... i beg to differ tbh but i wouldn't know cos i don't use that crap OS

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • rich
    New Zealand 

bluetooth intermittant

If the last phone to be connected was not mine, I have to re select my phone.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum