Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Driving in france/europe

I'm off to france soon. Do you need headlight beam deflectors? I've found a setting for left and right side but it looks as though it's for AHBA.

Cheers

Rich

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

On mine I dont but think it depends on what you have fitted, read the manual there is a section in there on it

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: Driving in france/europe

rsr wrote:
    I'm off to france soon. Do you need headlight beam deflectors? I've found a setting for left and right side but it looks as though it's for AHBA.

Cheers

Rich

I have never used any and travel for 7 weeks a year in France, I just change the speedo to km and the setting that you have found.
  • Labbix

That setting (left and right driving option) is also for the automated cruise control, mine was delivered with the English settings and was behaving very strangely, until I changed it and now it’s correct. So I suppose it changes the lights accordingly and no deflectors needed.
  • Labbix

Changing only the speedo will not work as in some countries they drive left (Southern Africa), but distances are in km
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

This is what the manual says for adjusting lights - which is nothing at all.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

As rsr said it is for AHBA and by the sound of it for auto cruise control.

All works well including Speed Limit recognition.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I've been told that my new D5 has 'Flat' beams so no adjustment needed abroad. I can definitely see a left bias when using dipped beams so would have thought that was what needed changing when driving abroad !!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

But the left bias is low enough to not require tape or n head lights
    Just come back from France and didn’t get flashed once

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

An not sure if this helps, but you can set the lights for driving on the left or right hand side via the car settings, which I assume will change the bias.
    Not sure if you would still need the light beam deflectors/convertors though after changing the settings?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

No facility in the vehicle setting for changing light from left to right on my vehicle an April 2018 D5 SE
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I was fiddling with the settings last week and again tonight, when I came across it, when I was looking to see if the AEB was activated.

Maybe the function is only available on the Hse or Lux models?

Will post up a pic once I get back home from work of the display settings Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I dont remeber seing that either, there is a setting for HBA for left or right hand drive but not headlights dirrectly from what I can remember

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

We made it across with no issues, I read the bit in the manual about the flat beam and not needing to fit deflectors. I just changed to KM and all was ok, we drove for a good few hours in the dark with no flashes either.

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

EMcC wrote:
    No facility in the vehicle setting for changing light from left to right on my vehicle an April 2018 D5 SE

EMcC /Russell apologies for the late photo's. This is what I was on about. Possibly an extra feature on the digital dash v analogue dash or model dependant ?

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum