Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 7th Mar 2017 10:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

bill wright wrote:
    Hi RR

I'm going for the Dealer fit on the side steps for the very reasons that you've outlined now. My Dealer also said that he'd price match Duckworth's.

Rolling with laughter

Hi Bill can I ask what spec your going for?! Very Happy
  • bill wright
    United Kingdom 

Re: First Edition

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    I so love that car wish I had one. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
    Sell a kidney for it any offers ?? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I may be in need of a new liver soon. You got one spare? Laughing

MY15 D4 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone

Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ha ha if only mate if only Rolling with laughter - it's a stunning car I think the 22s give it a sporty stance. I have seen the car with smaller wheels but for such a huge vehicle they look out of place. Look like should be on a car not a 4 x 4 Rolling with laughter
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Hi chaps just wanted to update my earlier post Re Gesture Tailgate, no need to do the left to right dancing as I thought, it's a straight forward kick under the side of rear bumper and that works a treat! Use it all the time now!
  • Wineman

1st Week

Mac, you've had your 1st Edition for a week tomorrow, how are you feeling about the car a week in? I'm picking up mine on Thursday!

2017 Disco5 First Edition (On Order)
    2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury / 2012 Disco4 HSE
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

It's fantastic wineman. What I think you really notice about it it is how quiet and smooth it is. I really like driving it, you just glide along. We have had a few electrical gremlins over weekend, three times it said it was not in park when it was, it also refused to accept dvds until we restarted car. So there maybe a few software isssues to resolve but we will see. I know I keep banging on about it but I'm so impressed with the quality in the cabin, it really is a nice place to be.
    Enjoy picking up the car! I'm looking forward to other getting theirs as I suspect there's lots I don't know about yet that others will figure out!
  • Wineman

Cheers Mac! Look forward to having a proper play this weekend! Very Happy

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi Wineman,
    have you picked up your car yet or is it still delayed?? Latest I have heard is that there is a shortage of electronically deployed towbars, which are holding up the rest of the cars apparently, as they need to shift these first. 1000 plus cars on standby with alot being First Editions my dealer has informed me. 😞
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    OK I will do, once I get my car, whenever that is?? Sad I did the flaps on D4 myself really simple. Just a case of pulling the inner plastic liner off a bit if I remember correctly, with a few poppers. Mind you hopefully someone will put it up on you tube very shortly. I am already getting a pricematch on the towbar/ electrics and roof rails. Whistle I did ask and labour was £100/105 an hour. Will see what he comes back with figure wise plus am talking the 5 year servicing pack also, so he said will work out a deal.

The side steps are easy to it according to the fitting instructions there is no riv nut tool required. I am currently looking at a much better option in my view for the side steps but watch this space and see what comes about over the next few weeks. Link to side step fitting http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017002

As for mud flaps the LR ones use sticky tape to attach and also drill through the rear bumper on the face that you see to if the mud flaps are taken off a hole is left. I do not like that and am looking at other options.

Rear fitting
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017008

Front fitting

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Craigp
    England 

Might be wrong but I didn't think the 1st edition had the option of a factory fit towbar.
    I seem to be getting quite confused as I'm juggling 3 discovery 5 forums. Laughing
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Side steps do not need a riv nut tool according to fitting instructions.
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017002

I am going for a different option watch this space in next few weeks

Front mud flaps are held on with clips and sticky tape
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017007

Rears require a hole drilling in the bumper that will show if they are removed

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Phil
    United Kingdom 

You are correct, First Editions could not have 'factory fit' extra's,

I ordered mine with an electrically deployable towbar but this was to be fitted by the dealer, unfortunately it has still not been fitted due to a 'factory recall on the towbar' (dealer explanation).

So currently I have the use of their D5 demonstrator whenever I need to tow the horses or caravan although so far the horse has been lame and the weather has been miserable Neutral

No confirmed date yet for the towbar Sad
  • Craigp
    England 

Thanks Phil I thought that was the case. I'm hoping they've recalled yours to fit to mine. Very Happy
    Due at the end of the month although they are saying there's possibly a slight delay.
  • Wineman

1st Edition Arrived.

Hi Road Runner, yes my 1st Edition was delivered to me last Thursday. Apologies for not posting before now, but I've been travelling on business. The car is fantastic, exceeded my expectations. Ive only done the school run and one trip to Gatwick, but very impressed by it so far and pleased with the choice. The electronic tow bar was not installed by the dealer , due to being out of stock, and they are estimating June! We tow frequently so the dealer has agreed to lend us a car if need, although I do have access to other cars with tow bars.

There were a few features (adaptive cruise control
    , front massage and homelink)that I assumed where on the 1st Edition and are not, but going back to the brochure I've concluded that I should have paid more attention to the spec! Still very pleased!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum