Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• vkord
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

TPMS

Does anyone using or know not too expensive <$200 TPMS reset tool that works with LR original sensors? They are misslocated on my winter set, and if you moving wheels from front to back reset is necessary anyway,
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

They should auto configure and identify which wheel they are on after a short drive. If they don’t, might be an idea to get a dealer to check why
  • vkord
    Canada 

It was reading correct pressure after I have installed winter set but sensors location was incorrect, left side was showing 37 on front and rear, but in fact only rears had 37 psi, then on the third day got message TPMS system failed. Sensors are original LR , new. Will try to schedule the appointment but it’s a month wait time here.
  • ken
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Cheap ones are worthless

We use Wurth & Snap-On with the EZ-Sensor clone valves

LR are self learning with Original Replacements

Also just fitted Winters to the Red D5 with wheels from a 2016 L405 no issues at all Thumbs Up
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I think new sensors ship in a battery saving "sleep" mode and that they need to be woken-up "activated" before use with an appropriate tool (125MHz signal) from what I've been able to discover. Then they should be auto learn after that.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • vkord
    Canada 

After about one week of driving the message "Tire Pressure Monitoring Sytem Fault" went away , just as I was dropping the car at the dealership to look into it. Smile They told me that it takes 100Km of driving for TPMS to learn the new sensors. I have original LR sensors on the winter set.
    I guess it is too much to expect more meaningful message when the system goes through learning cycle.

BTW HAKKAPELIITTA R3 SUV are very nice indeed.
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

I've switched my 21" wheels for 19" wheels that came off another Disco 5 about 300 miles ago, and I've got the "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault" message coming up.

As a "quick" solution I'm looking into having a local tyre garage taking the tyres off my 21" rims and the 19" rims and swapping the TPMS sensors over, and putting the tyres back on and putting the 19" back onto the car !

I'm looking to sell on the 21" rims so won't bother putting the tyres back on these.

Laurence
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Strange you are having issues

On my 17 plate hse lux I had no issues when I swapped wheels
    Tpms worked almost immediately.
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

Coffeecup wrote:
    I've switched my 21" wheels for 19" wheels that came off another Disco 5 about 300 miles ago, and I've got the "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault" message coming up.

As a "quick" solution I'm looking into having a local tyre garage taking the tyres off my 21" rims and the 19" rims and swapping the TPMS sensors over, and putting the tyres back on and putting the 19" back onto the car !

I'm looking to sell on the 21" rims so won't bother putting the tyres back on these.

Laurence

Problem found and corrected....

When they took the tyres off the 19" rims the local garage discovered that they didn't have any sensors on Big Cry

Simple.... seems that the seller of the 19" wheels removed the sensors (but as they weren't mentioned in the advert he was perfectly able to do - was just me assuming that they'd be there).

Switched over the sensors from the original 21" wheels onto the 19" wheels and drove the car 100 yards down the road and the warning light went out Thumbs Up

So when I sell the 21" rims they won't be including TPMS sensors Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum