Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Which UK Driving Experience Centre to try ?

Hi all,
    i am once again going to the UK for a bit more than a fortnight.
    Will be spending most of my time at a friend's south of Leeds and might go up to Scotland.

Because of time restrictions, I missed an opportunity to do the Scotland Experience in Dunkeld, which looks to be the most spectacular.

Which Experience centre do you all recommend ?
    I could easily get to either Skipton, Cheshire or Solihull (factory tour at the same time).
    Liverpool seems a bit lame.

Probably looking to do a full day. And since we have no Owners day in Canada this year, i might do two full days at different centres. Or try an advanced day, but it's on a Defender, which i'm not to sure about.

Where have you been and enjoyed the most ?

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Jjyoungjsy
    Jersey 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Factory tour and driving experience at Solihull was amazing. Driving the original Defender test track was fantastic!

Santorini Black HSE Lux Si6 with Black Pack, HUD, TV, Park Assist & 22"
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Skipton is a very nice location got a very "natural" feel to it. I'd recomend it and as you are in Leeds its a no brainer.

Yes Liverpool tour is interesting but experience centre looks lame..

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

If you can get down to Eastnor Castle (near Ledbury) it’s amazing. Home to LR product testing and also possible sightings of prototype vehicles driving the tracks. Done it 3 times. Each time very different.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I did Peckforton, at Tarprley in Cheshire in a Range Rover Vogue, The venue is on a hill overlooking the whole of Cheshire, outstanding views and a great experience.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Get booked into Rockingham Castle with Edd Cobley Thumbs Up
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I’ve done Dunkeld. It’s okay. The Harry Potter author, J K Rowlings has the adjacent estate. There’s a tree you pass on the route, which she used as inspiration for one of the book. Wouldn’t say it was spectacular as most of it was in woods, but each to their own. Sharing a half day was more than enough. I’d be bored any longer tbh.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

I've been to Tarprley in Cheshire and the factory tour and experience day in Liverpool both were great, but the Liverpool off road course is unbelievable. Because its purpose built its really challenging and takes the car to its limits, goes through deep water and on a seesaw. Tarprley is set in a forest and the scenery of the Cheshire countryside is beautiful. Let us know were you go and put some photos on 👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

AndrewS wrote:
    Get booked into Rockingham Castle with Edd Cobley Thumbs Up

Yes that too. He’s a legend.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I'm doing the off road at Solihull on 5th Dec
    Will report back after that Very Happy

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Anyone got feedback on the Luton Hoo one as that’s my closest, before I book... ???

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

If you search "Landrover experience" on YouTube you can view most of the courses for yourself.
    Might be worth a look?
    Very Happy

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • ChrisPBlackburn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Does anyone know if you get the free 1/2 day experience with a used car purchase??

Thanks
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

747_JK wrote:
    Anyone got feedback on the Luton Hoo one as that’s my closest, before I book... ???

Yes. Don't. You can drive around a flat field any time you want....

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

ChrisPBlackburn wrote:
    Does anyone know if you get the free 1/2 day experience with a used car purchase??

Thanks

I got one with my ex demo car
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum