Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Leaving but now back.

Well after nearly two years of fault free D5 ownership I have decided not to replace the D5 with another one. I will be jumping into a new SVR. The plan is to replace the SVR with the new Defender Jan 2020 or thereabouts.

Must admit it will feel strange as I have had a Discovery sat on my drive since 1996. (not the same one BTW)

Last edited by AndrewS on 22nd Oct 2019 8:52 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Can't think of a better interim car before new Defender arrives... the SVR is an amazing mix of kitten and Tiger !

Enjoy !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

I'm devastated to learn that you are dumping the Disco in favour of an SVR Andrew,...what pains me the most is the thought of having to drive to Herefordshire every morning just to listen to you firing it up Big Cry
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 

Would you like the login to my camera its got sound (the one looking at the SVR)
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Only if you promise not to do that thing I caught you doing the last time Whistle

Rolling with laughter
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • Johnson
    Belgium 

Why not the D5 SVX? 😂
  • ken
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Because its confirmed its a unicorn
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 

Got rid of the D5 yesterday, now the proud owner of a late build 110 Utility to use until the SVR turns up.

Called my insurance broker to notify the change of vehicle. He said that I was the third company in the last two weeks to have called to say they have got rid of their Disco 5's. One company has moved to a Ford Ranger, the other has swapped three D5's for two D4's and an SVR.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 

I'm back. Not happy with the limited engine options in the New Defender, small size of the 110 boot, it's silly money. Vehicle wont be available till end of May 2020 if we are lucky, more like September. So I'm jumping back into a D5 until Land Rover sort their Censored out.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Thumbs Up

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Was also told yesterday that there is also a 130 Defender in the pipeline as we speak.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Duplicate post

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 21st Oct 2019 7:42 am. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 

According to the JLR staff at the launch at Solihull there is no confirmed date for the 130, The 110 has a small boot, it's only 900mm from the back of the second row seats to the rear door. The 130 if it ever arrives will have a boot similar size to the D5. Chances are it will cost more than a D5.
  • Labbix

So the 130 would be the Discovery 6? Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum