Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Cheers that's interesting
    I'll be grateful to know the outcome of this issue once it's resolved
    Smile

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi my roof lining was wet, it dried out. They replaced the windscreen and the carpets, demand new carpets if there wet, well will take ages to dry out they might start to smell. I still love the car but when I'm ready change will will check out Audi and Volvo because Landrover build quality lets it down.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

Hi
    I have the leaking screen problem. They had it in last week to look and agree with me. Back in again this wed (new screen ordered just in case) so I have some black gaffer tape across the passenger side until then.
    Common fault it seems, my partner has a Jag E Pace owner in her office, that needed the screen refitting but it was because of wind noise, no water inside.
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 

Mine,s in the dealers right now, windscreen fitter is due in @ 9 in the morning to pull and refitt..
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Likewise, they’ve picked mine up today to sort out a leaking front window screen and some crap heated front seats that don’t seem to keep very warm.
    Let’s see how it all goes.
    Thumbs Up
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Mine is in having a new screen, apparently the mastic sealant doesn't like sticking to the special sealant primer that's placed on the screen prior to assembly at the factory.
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 

I got mine back untouched as the new screen didn’t turn up Censored
    I’m getting more than a little fed up now, Takes the edge off your new car when it’s not right...
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

I've got a Full Fat Range Rover as a loan car. There is no way I would take my car back unless it was 100% fixed.
  • Brooks1sr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Ours going in for 2nd water leak this time left corner windscreen car not yet year old roof lining dripping dash floor and it's raining dealer said park it under a tree jokers
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Seems to be recurring theme here!!
    Mine went in last week, only for them to ring me and tell me it needs a new windscreen, but they are on back order.
    The lady who collected it had to stop half way to the dealership because rain was “pouring in” They had the local windscreen people reseal it but that didn’t work because the next morning after some rain it was still wet inside.
    Phone call today to say they now replacement in stock and it’s booked in for next Thursday.
    JLR quality control is a Censored joke.
    Beginning to wish I’d kept my D4.
    Big Cry
  • Kagan-RC
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Have only had my 2017 3 months and it's out of Warranty May this year... rang Dealer who took 4 weeks to get me booked in.. so got onto JLR Customer Solutions who have agreed to replace windscreen but only cover 80% cost and I would have to cover 20%.... went in Monday to be changed and now Wednesday and screen still not replaced... found out from Dealer that it was replaced July 2019 ... so has barely lasted a year... So 1st one fitted at Factory May 2017 ...2nd one fitted July 2019 and now 3rd one hopefully fitted Oct 2020 .... 3 in 3 years!!! least this one is covered by a 2 year warranty as "iv'e contributed to the cost"
    found this Service Bulletin and mine is in the range

• NRich
    United Kingdom 

Have a MY2020 noticed the screen is misted up every time I get in after it is left overnight is this the first signs of the screen leaking.
  • Kagan-RC
    United Kingdom 

Mine never misted up... just noticed after power washing Car then all the rain we had last few days it was running down the inside of the windscreen... passenger side top left hand corner...
  • NRich
    United Kingdom 

Is it a 2020 car.
  • Kagan-RC
    United Kingdom 

2017... although I have seen someone with a 69 reg car have a leaking Windscreen ...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum