Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

D5Comm wrote:
    So it’s illegal even on hands free?Different laws over there?

You can use your phone here but only with a handsfree kit, or have it in a cradle. Even with the phone in my pocket it works fine via bluetooth, for both calls and SMS.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Jc1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Big Al wrote:
    It’s incredibly simple to do, especially if you buy strip Aluminium at 50mm wide x 1.5mm thickness. I believe you buy it in 300mm strips.

See the photo of the bracket where you can see the bends.
    The lengths between bends are as follows:

10mm
    55mm
    65mm
    65mm

( If making a 2nd version I would add a further 10mm and bend it back to double up the thickness for the insertion into the top trim
    Interface)

An old thread I know, but have to say thank you to BigAl for posting this idea and also with dimensions which made it so easy!

I had the sheet aluminium cut to size and sent to my house for just over seven quid and it took longer to mark out the measurements than it did to bend it in a vice by hand, maybe a little tapping with a hammer to get nice clean bends!

The Brodit bracket fitted nicely with the 4 screws, and the whole thing clicked in onto the dash in between the screen and steering wheel, for final mounting once I had run the charging cable I used some double-sided 3m tape for extra strength, It's definitely secure on there now

I am really chuffed as it allows me to have the sat nav on the main display and Spotify on my phone just out of eyeshot but there if I need it.

If you are thinking of doing this, its far easier than I thought!

PS.
    Link for the guy for sheet aluminium cut to size (UK only) : www.1stchoicemetals.co.uk
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum