Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Rikster23 wrote:
    The dealer is "looking into it" at the moment. It would be £825 if they can sort it.

is it just me or does this seem like a no brainer? I'm taking the car on a 4 year PCP... so with annual servicing won't I have made the money back after 2 years?

Cheers

Rik

Further to my last post, I have chased this up with the selling dealer, and they have forwarded me the contract information by way of confirming my 5 year service plan.

Having read through the information, I would just make an observation on the following -

The plan shows 5 services at 16000 miles p.a.or the anniversary month of registration - whichever is sooner.

The total duration of the plan is 5 years or 50000 miles - whichever occurs first.

With this in mind, I suppose this works out better value to those doing under 10000 miles per annum, as you then get 5 services. If however you do 16000 miles or more per year, you may only get 3 services before the 50000 mile plan limit is reached.

Just a thought.

And yes, the plan was £825 and can be purchased at time of sale, or up to 90 days after.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

I recently configured my 2019 HSE SDV6 online and noticed there was no 5 year Service Plan listed under the 'Options' where previously listed.
    On Friday 25th January I placed the order at my local JLR dealer - Grange Swindon, Wiltshire.
    The sales chap told me that the service plans have been withdrawn albeit temporarily. He said that the plans may be re-introduced next quarter (Q2) when my car is expected to be delivered but will probably be more expensive.
  • bammmy

Hope that changes, I’ve got a new D5 also coming 1st March. I will contact my dealer tomorrow to see what the score is.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Please do let me know what your dealer says. I'll be very interested.
  • bammmy

Hello,

I have just spoken to my dealer who confirmed that at the present time there is no facility to order a five year service plan. They are looking at alternatives but at the moment there is nothing on the table.
    If anyone hears anything different, please let us know.

Mark
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

So JLR don't think the new Disco will last 5 years then?????

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

In my view JLR's decision was made purely for financial reasons. The calculation is quite straightforward and my suspicion is that dealers' nationwide pressed JLR to withdraw these service plans because they were affecting profits.
    BMW/MINI made similar changes a few years ago, reducing plans from five years to three whilst raising the premium more modestly. I speak from direct experience with two new MINIs' in our household.
    IF such service plans are reintroduced by JLR I won't be surprised to see pricing into £Ks Shocked as my dealer advised when I enquired last week.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Maybe waiting for Brexit and then will justify the price hike Whistle

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

BREXIT Big Cry
    As hard as it maybe, I try not to think about it Confused
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

probably found on Td6 the additional oil changes cost them so much they're too scared to offer on the SD6 until they know whether theres a similar issue!

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Appears to be across all JLR models, not just Discovery SDV6. The pricing of the withdrawn service plans over five years was simply unsustainable, in my view.
    New customers like me will now have to pay the real costs of maintenance and servicing of these 'beautiful beasts' !
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Question is why is the servicing so dear anyway?

Cheaoest service on Discovery comes up on calculator at £650 with alternate years being over £900.

Volvo charge £250 and £350 for XC90 on alternate years???

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

I guess it's the £££ you pay for LR premium badge.
    I've had five LRs over the course of my fourty year driving career - Discovery 2, 3 & 4 plus two Freelanders. Same story for all, and in those days LR service plans didn't exist!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Whereas I would say a Discovery is no more premium than a XC90

And the service the dealer provides is inferior to a Seat or Fiat dealership

• Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

It's all about perception. How many uninformed Joe public including journalists refer to any Land Rover as 'Range Rover'? Just look at the recent press articles and news reels (BBC for one) about the Duke of Edinburgh's recent accident referring to his Freelander as a Range Rover. JLR no doubt exploit this ignorance to their marketing and pricing advantage.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum