Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Call Volume vs Message Volume

Ok, I've found a problem with my D5......

There's a mismatch between the volume when using the phone over bluetooth and when the car reads out text messages.

If the volume is set so that the calls are just right, the text message read-out is deafening or if the text message read-out is just right, I can't hear the caller on a phone call.

On the car, both volumes have the same setting (turn it down during a text message read-out and then the next call is too quiet and it needs turning up again Rolling Eyes ) and can't be adjusted independently and I can't find any setting on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 ) that affects either volume in the car.

Any ideas guys? Question

Last edited by JonM on 22nd Nov 2018 8:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

JonM, I know it doesnt resolve your issue but my 18my is exactly the same, I'm on the very last version of Phase 3 (17C6) using a Motorola e4 on android.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Not that it helps but my my18 which got updated last week works perfectly with both🤔
    But I’m using ACP and an iPhone X .

2018 HSE Now Gone
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the 2018 onwards HSE reads out SMS? typical my 2017 doesnt or is that because it needs a software update?
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Mordred1973, if you've got an HSE it should read out text messages, my SE with ICTP did read texts with 17C6 and still does since being updated to 18C.
    Would suggest you get back to dealer and get him to update the ICTP to latest level, this should be done if on warranty, but you need to say you have issues with the current software, there's a number of possible faults : random reboots, dropping of phone blue tooth, failing to read from usb to name a few. Any of those should enable the dealer to do an update and claim on warranty.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Ok cool (think mine has never been updated since it was built) the dealer currently has it for a week now so will ask them to update that while they have it

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I now have the latest infotainment software it seems, with Apple carplay and Android Auto. Still can't see where it allows access to SMS only within Android Auto. Downside of connecting to Android Auto is the nav screen is smaller since ti doesn't use up the whole screen. Otherwise rather like the new presentation and quicker reacting interface.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Here are a couple tips:

Volume:. The volume for messages and phone audio can be controlled separately, but only while that item is playing through the speakers - i.e., wait until a message is being read out and adjust the volume, then get on a phone call and adjust *that* volume. With 18C+ you should notice the volume bar at the top of the touchscreen changes color for each of these. The Google Assistant in Android Auto can also be adjusted separately this way (ask the Assistant a question about eggplants or something and then adjust the volume while it's talking). I can't remember which is which, but the colors are green, orange, yellow, and I think violet to show which you're adjusting.

Also on Nadroid Auto, there's a button that allows you to switch the *display* back to the Land Rover screen. AA is still active and listening to you, and it will respond, but if you're not using the nav feature or don't need to see turns, you can use the ICTP interface that fills the whole screen while AA is running in the background. I do this if I'm just listening to music and I'd like the ICTP map or whatever to ne full screen. You can still voice-control the music this way, ask questions, etc, and the music with art is still displayed on the ICTP screen with the "source" as Android Auto.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum