Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have had all week a MY19 3.0L SD6 HSE (this will be my future car beginning of March) while my MY13 D4 was being repaired. It does not have the Adaptive dynamics but it really drives very smoothly.

This car is really fantastic and I'm fully in line with the comments from Chalky HSE.

I tested twice the SD4 D5 and although it had power, it was a bit slow at the beginning and my main concern was more with regard to the engine noise. The SD4 does not really fit with such a luxurius car and the SD6 it is really much quieter.

D3 HSE 2.7 06MY / D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 13MY
    D5 HSE 3.0 19MY Santorini Black - 20" Style 5011 - Electric sun roof - Rear privacy glass - Dark satin brushed aluminium trim finisher - Ebony headlining - Heated seats & steering wheel - Premium carpet mats - Surround camera system - Black Exterior Pack - Driver Assist Pack
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

I love the noise! Can't beat a Landy sounding like its actually working. I was actually disappointed going from the D4 to D5 3.0l that you couldn't hear it like you used too! Laughing it's a Discovery after all, a workhorse, not a Vogue Thumbs Up

Toss a coin and either way you will be happy, they are awesome motors.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Some really good comments which a agree with the 3lt is silky smoth and is effortless, we’re the 2lt is a close second. But I’m still happy with my choice and if I would have had more cash I would still have bought the 2lt and perhaps got a sun roof on my SE Laughing

Last edited by Chalkey on 18th Jan 2019 1:23 pm. Edited 2 times in total

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Forget to mention when we got your Discovery the black pack included 20in or 21in black wheels and LR probably realised some people prefer silver wheels, so they split the pack and sold the wheels separately and put the price up at the same time.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum