Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Lane Keep Assist

I'm knocked out with the lane keep assist on my D5, the car doesn't seem to need me much on the motorway.

I'm not taking my hands off the wheel, but I do find that with LKA on and the car doing the steering its more comfortable for me to slacken my grip on the wheel with enough grip that I'd normally use to keep the wheel still while driving.
    The car then steers left and right as needed and the wheel slides through my fingers.

Problem I'm getting is that unless I keep the grip just right the car thinks I've taken my hands off the wheel and I get an annoying alarm.

I realise the alarm is there for a purpose and I'm not looking for any way to disable it but its just a tad too sensitive.
    I can drive for miles like this but a very slight difference in grip on the wheel and the alarm goes off.

Anyone else have this issue?[/u]

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've never had the alarm go off. The lane keep assist seems quite subtle on mine, just a gentle nudge away from the white line but if I let it try to auto-drive, it tends to bounce from side to side down the lane rather than stay smoothly centred in the lane

It is just an assistant, not an auto pilot.

The other slight irritation is the adaptive cruise control which starts slowing you down when your intention is to close the gap and pull out to overtake. Obviously it can't predict what the driver's intention is and it's good for following but even with the gap set to minimum you have to pull out sooner than necessary or use the accelerator pedal to keep the speed up and close the gap.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum